Blossoming Lotus info -- the good they (sometimes) die young....

  • wMilmoe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2009
      Thank you for the tip on the Kauai location closing.  I verified it with the staff in the Pearl and also checked the web.

      I am glad to have gotten one more visit to BL in Portland this week and I am encouraging others to do the same, asap.  The staff said the Hawaii closure does not affect them here, but I wonder.  Just goes to show that we often do not appreciate something until we lose it.

      I never expected to visit the Kauai location but still I feel a loss.
      Not a word about new direction or ventures.  What saddens me most is that I understood there were 20-25 people who worked/cycled through the restaurant.  What a great place to work or have a working / vacation.  Ah, to be young, vegan or raw vegan!!!

      Maybe next lifetime I can be so blessed.

      Bill

      here is blurb from one of their supporters.

      First there was the banking bailout. Then, the auto. Unfortunately, no one bailed out one of my favorite restaurants on Kaua’i (or anywhere, for that matter). Blossoming Lotus closed its doors for good on New Year’s Eve.
      My husband and I stopped by on the last day of the year for the restaurant’s $22 per person, first-come, first-served, mahalo buffet. The restaurant opened at 6:00 p.m. When we drove by at 6:15, there was a line out the door, down the block and around the corner. I wasn’t the only one sad to see this small business shutter its windows.
      Some say there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Others say it was rent-related. It doesn’t really matter why the award-winning restaurant closed. The kitchen no longer emanates the garlic, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, seal salt, Nama shoyu and cashews that made the Nut Cheez for my favorite Senorita Bombia’s Enchilada Casserole. No one is blending Ancho chilis, sundried tomatoes, lime juice, and roasted Jalapeno peppers with tofu and layering this chili sauce with the blue corn tortillas in the casserole either.
      Except for maybe me, some day, in my own kitchen, with the Blossoming Lotus “Vegan World Fusion Cuisine” cookbook I picked up before they closed. One glance at the recipe, though, for my entrée of choice, and I realize I’ll have to start preparing it in October in order to be ready for a New Year’s Eve treat.

    • Pamela Melcher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2009
        Dear Friends,

        Bo Rinaldi himself said that the Portland Blossoming Lotus is fine and is looking for a larger space.

        It has even been proven with double blind rigorous scientific experiments in quantum physics that thoughts affect the material world.

        I have also seen in my own life that my thoughts and feelings affect the material world.

        So i invite you to join me in holding Portland Blossoming Lotus in the Light!  And supporting them financially.

        President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who led the country out of the depression in the thirties, and whose experience with that is being studied by Obama, said over and over again:  'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'

        My life has also taught me the wisdom and truth of that.

        Fear is one of the lowest vibration emotions that there are.  I have found that high vibrational emotions help me manifest what i choose to see in the world.  And that when i am afraid i cannot see what options i have and do not have energy to take action.

        I have observed in life that the good attain unusual levels of longevity.

        These observations are based on close observation of life during many trips around the sun.

        Happiness, Health and Abundance for All!

        Pamela Melcher

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
          Thank you for taking the time to write this... it means a lot that
          there are so many supporters out there that want the best for vegan
          restaurants and businesses. Which brings me to ask that whenever
          possible, please take the time to visit and support our vegan
          restaurants and businesses here in Portland. I know money is tight
          for many people but even if you go for a snack versus a full meal, it
          helps. Pass the good word along to your non-vegan friends as to how
          good vegan eats can be especially here in Portland. As a vegan
          lifestyle educator and coach along with my husband Chef Al, we are
          always looking for ways to support this great community. Taking the
          time to write an article, an e-mail, a blog posting, anything that
          helps bring people to this delicious movement is welcome. Want to
          volunteer? there are so many opportunities in this community. Check
          out the Food Fight listings and NWVeg.org opportunities.

          NOTE: Chef Al and I are giving a talk tonight at 5pm about "Stretching
          Your Organic Vegan Dollar" at the Northwest Vegetarian Potluck (more
          information and location, visit www.nwveg.org)

          I invite you to do what you can and have fun.

          Respectfully,
          Donna

          On 1/17/09, wMilmoe@... <wMilmoe@...> wrote:
          > Thank you for the tip on the Kauai location closing. I verified it with the
          > staff in the Pearl and also checked the web.
          >
          > I am glad to have gotten one more visit to BL in Portland this week and I am
          > encouraging others to do the same, asap. The staff said the Hawaii closure
          > does not affect them here, but I wonder. Just goes to show that we often do
          > not appreciate something until we lose it.
          >
          > I never expected to visit the Kauai location but still I feel a loss. Not a
          > word about new direction or ventures. What saddens me most is that I
          > understood there were 20-25 people who worked/cycled through the
          > restaurant. What a great place to work or have a working / vacation. Ah,
          > to be young, vegan or raw vegan!!!
          >
          > Maybe next lifetime I can be so blessed.
          >
          > Bill
          >

          > here is blurb from one of their supporters.
          >

          > First there was the banking bailout. Then, the auto. Unfortunately,
          > no one bailed out one of my favorite restaurants on Kaua'i (or
          > anywhere, for that matter). Blossoming Lotus closed its doors for good
          > on New Year's Eve.
          >

          > My husband and I stopped by on the last day of the year for the
          > restaurant's $22 per person, first-come, first-served, mahalo buffet.
          > The restaurant opened at 6:00 p.m. When we drove by at 6:15, there was
          > a line out the door, down the block and around the corner. I wasn't the
          > only one sad to see this small business shutter its windows.
          >

          > Some say there were too many cooks in the k
          > itchen. Others say it was
          > rent-related. It doesn't really matter why the award-winning restaurant
          > closed. The kitchen no longer emanates the garlic, red bell pepper,
          > green onion, cilantro, seal salt, Nama shoyu and cashews that made the
          > Nut Cheez for my favorite Senorita Bombia's Enchilada Casserole. No one
          > is blending Ancho chilis, sundried tomatoes, lime juice, and roasted
          > Jalapeno peppers with tofu and layering this chili sauce with the blue
          > corn tortillas in the casserole either.
          >

          > Except for maybe me, some day, in my own kitchen, with the
          > Blossoming Lotus "Vegan World Fusion Cuisine" cookbook I picked up
          > before they closed. One glance at the recipe, though, for my entrée of
          > choice, and I realize I'll have to start preparing it in October in
          > order to be ready for a New Year's Eve treat.

        • Roger Padvorac
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
            Hi Pamela,
            There does seem to be some synergy between our thinking, emotions, and the food we eat, and depending on a person's choices, the synergy can support constructive or destructive spirals in our lives.

            I would appreciate hearing your perception of the relative energy levels of the different emotions. If you could list them in sequence, from the highest energy level to the lowest energy level, that would be very interesting, and might help me understand this better.

            Likely there is some variance between people, in that some people experience a specific emotion differently, and so the emotion has a different effect on them than on other people. So I'm not asking for a universal view, just your personal experience with emotions and how high or low their energy is for you.

            I'm asking about this because I think its harder to get a sense of the impact of emotions on our health, than the impact of thinking or food, because we are inside the emotions and so its harder to get perspective on them, and because of this the impact of emotions on our lives is harder to see.

            I think part of it is there is a clearer, more objective memory of our thinking and the food we ate. By this I mean a week later a person can remember many of the words they thought and said the previous week, and its pretty obvious if your diet the previous week was French fries and donuts or raw apples and almonds.

            Its not nearly as easy to be clear about how much time was spent with which emotions last week, so its harder to associate emotions with their effects on your life. Also its easy to fool ourselves about what emotion we are really truly experiencing, especially if we are experiencing two or more emotions at the same time. Once a person can accurately associate actions with effects, then what they are working with is more meaningful than just ideas or rules, and its easier to commit to change and devote yourself to learning new habits.

            A healthy diet without healthy thinking and healthy emotions won't be nearly as effective as all three being healthy together at the same time, so I think its important to work on all three as a group.

            Anyway, for me, I'm finding it harder to learn about the effects of my emotions and to improve my emotional habits, than it is to improve my eating habits or thinking habits, so I will appreciate any clues you could share about this.

            May your day be filled with clarity, grace, strength, progress, and warm laughter,
            Roger