Re: vitalizer plus NOW distillers

  • Joyce Brooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2008
      Hi Tatyana,

      I have a WaterWise 4000, which looks very similar to the Nutriteam
      distiller. I checked to see if they are the same distiller, but the
      WaterWise is larger and distills a gallon of water in 4 hours versus 6
      hours for the Nutriteam. Also the WaterWise 4000 comes with a glass
      collector.

      The best internet price I found for the WaterWise 4000 is here:
      http://waterpurifiers.livingright.com/item58.waterwise-4000.html
      When I last checked their coupon it was 269.95. I got mine from Craigs
      List for $150. It didn't have the glass container, but came with 18
      filters. The filters are supposed to be changed every 2 months or 60-80
      gallons, whichever comes first.

      I use white vinegar to clean it after each use. The fan is noisy enough
      that I run it when I am away from my small apartment. It surprised me
      how much milky white mineral residue is left in the boiler after each
      use.

      Joyce

      >Tatyana wrote:

      ... Has anyone had any experience with home distillers? ...

      > This seems to be Amazon's most popular home distiller:
      http://www.amazon.com/Water-Distiller-Countertop-White-
      Enamel/dp/B00026F9F8/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_pop_t