Raw Christmas?

  • Gabrielle
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2008
      After a joyful and abundant Thanksgiving Day raw feast, several folk
      have inquired of any Christmas day gathering plans. Thomas and I would
      happily fire up the woodstove (and infra red sauna -- bring your own
      towel) at our home in Oregon City for a potluck at 1 pm the 25th if
      there's enough for a party. We especially welcome those who are new to
      raw with your creativity and curiosity. Please RSVP so we can be in touch.
      Gabrielle Chavez
    • Jeff Rogers
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2008
        And... for anyone closer to Seattle or who would be in the area, I'll
        be hosting a raw potluck. It will cover both lunch and dinner, so
        anyone with SAD family/friend get togethers can still stop by for a
        great raw meal!

        For more information: http://www.soystache.com/rawpotluck12252008.htm

        Jeff
      • Pamela Melcher
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2008
          Hi, Gabrielle,

          No thanks, but i am glad you are doing it, or may be doing it.

          After spilling my guts about cooked feasts, i was able to go to Thanksgiving dinner at David's family's house and just not even pay any attention to what people were eating.  That way i could have a good time.

          I decided to pay attention to what was going right, since energy follows attention.

          I did notice what people were eating enough to have it register that the person that i felt happiest to see and interact with was actually eating the 'worst' food.  Instead of conjuring scary images of the health problems she is incubating, i thought, "There is more to happiness than food.'

          That was easier on my system than some reactions i have had in the past.

          Happy Solstice, and Many Blessings to you and your loved ones at Christmas.

          Visualizing the day:  'May all your Christmases be Raw.'

          Happiness, Health and Abundance for All!

          Pamela Melcher

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2008
            Dear Raw Community,

            Sorry, again i meant only to reply to Gabrielle and forgot that if i simply clicked reply you would all get what i meant only to send to Gabrielle.

            Many Blessings to you All on whatever Holiday you celebrate.

            Pamela Melcher