Re: [RawPortland] Anyone with a Vitamix for sale?

  • Jeff Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
      Be sure to know which model you want and what is being sold. There are
      many 3600's being sold (the older metal ones). They can still sell for
      over $100.00. The 5000 is common among raw foodists and has the
      graduated knob in the middle. The newest is the 5200. Be diligent with
      watching Craigslist and the classifieds. Be quick to answer ads when
      they are affordable. They go quick! I just bought a back-up Vita-Mix
      5000 to take to work for $150.00. It was from an espresso shop. The
      top looked old, probably from blending a lot of ice (which can scratch
      plastic) combined with the coffee oils. The engine seems in great
      shape. The top is still in very good shape.

      I bought one for a friend once from another espresso stand. It sounded
      awful and it leaked horribly. I believe I offered him $50 or so, then
      purchased a new blade assembly kit (with gaskets) for around $80. It
      worked fine after that. You can order parts directly from vitamix.com.

      Jeff