Re: [RawPortland] Anyone with a Vitamix for sale?

  • lindazoo@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
      you can find them on craigslist.com but you will still ave to pay $200+ for them

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
        Be sure to know which model you want and what is being sold. There are
        many 3600's being sold (the older metal ones). They can still sell for
        over $100.00. The 5000 is common among raw foodists and has the
        graduated knob in the middle. The newest is the 5200. Be diligent with
        watching Craigslist and the classifieds. Be quick to answer ads when
        they are affordable. They go quick! I just bought a back-up Vita-Mix
        5000 to take to work for $150.00. It was from an espresso shop. The
        top looked old, probably from blending a lot of ice (which can scratch
        plastic) combined with the coffee oils. The engine seems in great
        shape. The top is still in very good shape.

        I bought one for a friend once from another espresso stand. It sounded
        awful and it leaked horribly. I believe I offered him $50 or so, then
        purchased a new blade assembly kit (with gaskets) for around $80. It
        worked fine after that. You can order parts directly from vitamix.com.

        Jeff