Anyone with a Vitamix for sale?

  • pdxforex
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
      Hi, I would like to buy a used one, as new ones are soooo expensive. If you have one for sale, let me know. Thanks

    • lindazoo@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
        you can find them on craigslist.com but you will still ave to pay $200+ for them

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
          Be sure to know which model you want and what is being sold. There are
          many 3600's being sold (the older metal ones). They can still sell for
          over $100.00. The 5000 is common among raw foodists and has the
          graduated knob in the middle. The newest is the 5200. Be diligent with
          watching Craigslist and the classifieds. Be quick to answer ads when
          they are affordable. They go quick! I just bought a back-up Vita-Mix
          5000 to take to work for $150.00. It was from an espresso shop. The
          top looked old, probably from blending a lot of ice (which can scratch
          plastic) combined with the coffee oils. The engine seems in great
          shape. The top is still in very good shape.

          I bought one for a friend once from another espresso stand. It sounded
          awful and it leaked horribly. I believe I offered him $50 or so, then
          purchased a new blade assembly kit (with gaskets) for around $80. It
          worked fine after that. You can order parts directly from vitamix.com.

          Jeff