Re: [RawPortland] Re: Did You Know That It Is ILLEGAL To Ship Unpasteurized Nuts?????

  • Jeff Rogers
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2008
      Maybe the growers who are shipping do know the rules! The California
      growers I have purchased bulk raw (unpasteurized) organic almonds from
      in the past are still shipping them.

      I have still not read anything in the rules forbidding growers from
      shipping unpasteurized almonds. It may be that some growers are
      nervous about the rules and aren't taking chances. I would still like
      clarification. If anyone knows of specific rules addressing growers
      shipping almonds, please post it to the list.

      Thanks,

      Jeff