[RE][RawPortland] tempeh starter

  • Tanya Petrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2008
      Oooooohhhhh...I would love to know how to make raw tempeh if you have a recipe/method!
      Thanks,
      Tanya

      Subject : [RawPortland] tempeh starter

      Date : Sat, 13 Sep 2008 04:05:52 -0000

      From : "cmbbarth" <cmbbarth@...>

      To : RawPortland@yahoogroups.com

      My omnivore husband is in love with tempeh and wants to replace meat

      eith raw tempeh. Anyone know where I can buy the tempeh starter in

      Portland? I would love being able to find it locally! Thanks- Cori

    • Cori Barth
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2008
        We'll be gone until10-5, but after that we hope to make a trek to Eugene and bug some tempeh people there about getting hold of the starter.  I know it incubates between 85-88 degrees, but I think the process doesn't require anymore cooking than that if you sprout the beans bfore incubating them.  I'll update any findings!!!

        Date : Sat, 13 Sep 2008 04:05:52 -0000

        From : "cmbbarth" <cmbbarth@yahoo. com>

        To : RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com