Almonds are here

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008

      Hi Everyone,
      The unpasteurized almonds arrived yesterday.  They are fresh and beautiful.  If you bought almonds from me last year, bear in mind that the ones I'm selling this year are a different variety.  These are the Nonpareils, which are larger, flatter, lighter in color and flavor and tenderer in texture.

      Shelled almonds can be stored for up to a year at 32-45 degrees.  If you plan to store them for long periods, be sure to double-bag them or place them in a plastic bag and also in a glass or plastic container.  This will keep moisture content and nutrient levels intact and freezer odors out.

      If you have not yet ordered, it's not too late.  They are $10/lb., certified organic, UNpasteurized, UNfumigated, unprocessed in any way.

      Next weekend I'm tentatively planning to bring whatever orders I have now and will receive in the next week to a central pick up location in Portland.  I'll be bringing extra in case people want to sample before they purchase.  I will be in touch later with specifics.

      Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

      All the best,
      Nora

    • Ariel Rose
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2008
        Hi Nora,
        I am now in Tucson; have moved from Portland. Can you let me know where you got the almonds from? Myself & the Raw Meetup group here would love a good source for real, raw almonds as you have described.

        Almond milk-less in Tucson, and thanking you for all you do!

        Ariel

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
          Nora,
          How much will the shipping be on the 5 lbs I ordered ,to Louisiana .Zip is 70791 .Thanks ,Carolyn Loubiere