Washington State Permaculture Convergence Sept 12-14
- Great Group and cause!
Sent: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 1:54 pm
Subject: [ppg] Washington State Permaculture Convergence Sept 12-14
Please respond to the address below, thanks! : ) Carla
=2 0Hello permaculture interested folks!
The Washington State Permaculture Convergence is open to the following people:
Permaculture teachers, practitioners, consultants who live or work in Washington State.
* The 500 + permaculture design course graduates who live in Washington State.
* The 5,000 + people in Washington state who are strongly interested in permaculture.
* The 50,000 + people in Washington state who know a little about permaculture and think it is a good idea to learn more.
* Permaculturists who live in surrounding states and provinces as well as from other parts of the North America and the world are warmly invited.
With 3 weeks to 20 go before the convergence we would like to ask all of you to help spread the word.
Anyone interested in permaculture can attend. Please pre-register, especially if you would like indoor accommodations. We have unlimited camping space and can accept everyone who shows up at the last minute. If you plan on coming and want to pay at the door, at least send registration information to our registrar.more info on the Convergence and brochurePRESENTERS20Charlotte Anthony - www.victorygardensforall.org
Marisha Auerbach - www.herbnwisdom.com
Reed Ellis Aubin - www.understory.org
Dave Boehnlein - www.permacultureportal.com
Deston Denniston - www.abundancepermaculture.com
Chuck Estin - www.permaculturenow.com
Toby Hemenway - www.patternliteracy.com
Jenny Pell - =2 0 www.permaculturenow.com
Michael Pilarski - www.friendsofthetrees.net
Albert Postema - www.wiseearth.org
Gil Schieber - www.borealislandscape.com/www.panearthdesigns.com
Bruce Weiskotten, and many more!
Anyone can schedule a workshop, presentation, demonstrations, hands-on activity, or meeting. You can schedule beforehand or at the event.
We will be doing some scheduling in advance of the event, but we are deliberately leaving room for the combined pa rticipants to help plan the event. We trust in the spontaneous ability of the participants to share and relate to each other in the moment. You get a large group of permaculture people together and a lot of synthesis and knowledge exchange is bound to happen and be a whale of a good time.To discuss scheduling contact Michael Pilarski at michael@...
20SAHALE LEARNING CENTERSahale Learning Center is a beautiful venue specializing in transformational education and green events.
* A remote, rural location on the lower Tahuya River on the southwest tip of the Kitsap Peninsula.
* 11 private rooms.
* 26 beds in dormitory rooms.
* Commercial kitchen, dining room and outside patio.
* Big 40 x 60' circus tent with plywood floor for large plenary meetings.
* Various small meeting rooms.
* Unlimited camping space.
* A building with 4 hot showers in the =2 0 camping area.
* 1 large and 1 small hot tub.
* River with pools and sweat lodge.
* Sahale is into permaculture! They hosted permaculture design courses in 2004 and 2005. They are incorporating permaculture into their land development.
* Sahale is exploring setting up an ecovillage on the site.
* Sahale seeks site input from convergence participants.
Located just 25 minutes from Belfair, Washington, Sahale is an easy drive from Seattle, Tacoma, and the Olympic Peninsula. You can get to Sahale from Olympia; from the Fauntleroy ferry terminal in west Seattle, by going over the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma or by driving south from the Hood Canal Bridge.Visit the Sahale websiteARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMESThursday, September 11: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Participants may arrive early to help set-up and familiarize themselves with the site.
Friday. Registration open all day.
Saturday. Registration open all day.
Sunday. Registration open till noon.
Sunday 5:00 pm. Closing circle.
People may stay over on Sunday evening if they are helping with clean-up.see full scheduleSCHOLARSHIPSWe would like to offer a number of scholarships to interested people representing disadvantaged communities, peoples or tribes.
Send us an email or write us a letter if you would like to apply or represent someone.
20REGISTRATIONContact Christy Nieto for 0A more information
or Michael Pilarski
michael@...download the registration form
=2 0In This Issue:
CONVERGENCE GOALS PRESENTERS CONVERGENCE FEES SAHALE LEARNING CENTER ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES SCHOLARSHIPS FEEDING OURSELVES PUBLICITY REGISTRATION Montana barter faire Contact InfoMontana barter faireBig Sky Country Harvest Festival, Sept 19-21 in Hot Springs, Montana
It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.
Portland Permaculture Guild
Meets the 3rd Monday of every month.
*** www.pdxpermaculture.org ***