Re: Enzyme Inhibitors

  • sunnymilanna
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2008
      When you eat raw nuts that are not soaked, you force your pancreas to
      work overtime which is not good. This is why you see
      squirrels 'planting' acorns into the soil and covering them up. The
      acorns (nuts) have to have moisture in order to remove/stop the
      enzyme inhibitors. They know what they are doing <smile>

      Zinnia

      --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, elesia ashkenazy
      <elesia_ashkenazy@...> wrote:

      > Dear Readers,
      >
      > I am in hopes of someone being able to explain some information
      I've read about enzyme inhibitors in raw nuts. I am only 75% raw and
      so I take digestive enzymes with all of my meals. I eat a lot of raw
      nuts and I don't always have time to soak them before eating. I only
      soak nuts if I will be using them in a smoothie or a specific recipe.
      So, does eating raw nuts, without soaking them first, cause a problem
      with the body's natural enzymes? Are my enzymes being inhibited when
      I eat raw nuts without soaking them? Or is it okay to eat them
      unsoaked?

      > This is probably a silly question, but I just want to go about
      things efficiently. Thank you in advance for your responses.