Update - Living (Raw) Food Bars, Festivals and Social support

  • wMilmoe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2004
      GREETINGS:

      Networking:
      After years of not traveling further then Chehalis to the North and Tigard to the South I had to travel to New York City, NY in March and was able to go to Seattle for the NW Yoga Festival.  Both were life course changing trips/experiences that I would like to share with you so time.  NY has more then 5 organic living foods restaurants and I learned and shared my knowledge with a few of the chefs and practitioners there.  Same in Seattle.  I make it a point to update my database when I met someone with shared interest in the truth about our universe and how to maintain our health and it is very informative to follow up with people on a similar path.  (Learn from others successes and failures and learn about how we are similar and yet different.)

      Living Food that is handy:
      As we roll into summer travel happens! LOL  On my trip to Seattle I was able to stay my diet course and still keep up with the physically and emotionally demanding schedule of the conference and staying in a hotel by planning and bringing 3 cases of Living food bars.  I ate 24 bars in the 5 days (one case I donated as outreach to the event organizers) Hopefully we all will be able to purchase these real food bars next year at the amazing event.

      If you haven't yet discovered the Original Rebar  and their 'Grains and Greens' I suggest you check them out at the local co-ops or Wild Oats and New Seasons or
      go to

      www.healthcocanada.com

      Their total line is at the site and it is easy to purchase them on-line.  If you want to save shipping costs contact me and we can order together (see details below).

      The other live food bars I like are at  www.organicfoodbar.com

      These are more spendy and more difficult to order but definitely worth the effort in my opinion.  When is the last time you were hungry and felt the need to eat something less then optimal and had to bear the consequences?

      Festivals:

      Village Building convergence Portland May 21-30
      http://www.cityrepair.org/vbc/
      This is a great 'free' way to get introduced to natural building, human scale planning, permaculture. Lets face it humans are social beings and this is a local social gathering of evolutionary, ecology, health supporting minded people of all ages.  volunteer some time and get some hands on learning and if your health precludes you from making an effort just show up and watch!!!  I am sure your heart will be warmed and softened and you will be inspired with just a little of your imagination.  I participated a little last year (maybe 16 hours and almost built my first cobb structure by myself).   I plan on spending more time this year at the 10 day event.

      Living Now Festival  July 29th - August 1st, Summer 2004
      http://www.greensunhealing.com/

      This will be my first year as a presenter/attendee at this popular festival in New York State.  The Great Blue Heron Campgrounds, a beautiful 300 acre natural area with hiking trails, sweat lodge, music garden and tree house. This is in south Western New York State, near Jamestown and Chautauqua Lake.
      Please consider joining me at this life changing event.

      International Raw and Living Foods Festival in Portland Oregon August 18th (Gourmet dinner) event Fri - Sun August 19-21st.

      I have taught dance, yoga and "finding your voice" class at this wonderful local event and I am looking forward to all the wonderful sharing of knowledge again this year.  It is an event worth making an effort to attend!  For updates go to http://www.internationalrawfoods.org/2004%20Festival.htm

      Closing:
      Wishing you the best of life -- financially, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.

      New Functional Enzyme food support group
      Find out about potlucks, ask questions and learn from others exploring a different lifestyle here in the Portland / Vancouver area at:

      The group currently has 70 members.

      website is http://www.rawportland.org

      to email the group RawPortland@yahoogroups.com

      Namaste

      Bill

      Bill Milmoe
      Orgrave Cuisine
      Org
      rave3@...
      360 695 4482
      http://hometown.aol.com/orgrave1/

      Gentle Yoga with Bill
      360 695 4482
      WMilmoe@...
      http://hometown.aol.com/wmilmoe/page7.html

      Dance! It's Good For Your Heart!
      360 695 4482  DanceDigfuh@...
      http://hometown.aol.com/Dancedigfyh/

      Center Stage Music School
      CenterSMusicSchl@... or WMilmoe@...
      360 695 4482

      For Rebars:

      www.healthcocanada.com

      Now order direct $18 per case plus $6 shipping (for one case or $1 extra per case that is $7 for 2; $8 for three, etc.). So $19-$20 or more per case.  ($1.58 to $1.66 per bar)

      Retail for 'Rebar' and "Greens and Grains" are $1.69 to $1.99 at the places that carry these wonderful products. New Seasons has the lowest retail price.

      Other bars are also available including bars containing chocolate.

      Go to

      http://www.healthcocanada.com/order/default.asp

      to order.

      Or contact me to get the cases (12 bars per case) for $18 ($1.50 per bar) or to purchase less then one full case (1-11) only $1.70 per bar.  Save the cost of shipping ($6+)!

      360 695 4482
      WMilmoe@...

      For the Organic Food Bars in the yellow wrappers

      to order go to www.organicfoodbar.com

      Or contact me.  $26 per case of twelve or $2.50 per bar.  In stores if you can find them they are $2.89 -- $3.59 but they are good!

      I like the Omega-3, the Active Greens and the Original.

      360 695 4482
      WMilmoe@...
    • cloudriver@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2004
        The New York festival has interested me since I heard about it last
        year. I've been giving it a little thought. Are you flying or
        driving?

        Annette

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, wMilmoe@a... wrote:

        > Living Now Festival July 29th - August 1st, Summer 2004
        > http://www.greensunhealing.com/
      • Helen Hecker