More fresh organic Macadamias

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2008
      Hi Portland Raw Fooders,
      I am happy to report I have found another source for FRESH, organically grown Mac nuts.  These are grown domestically (California) and non-commercially.  They have been air dried for 30 days and will be shipped to me in the shell.  They will be shelled here and vacuum packed so they will be super fresh.

      I don't know about you all, but I got really spoiled eating those Mac nuts we had this Spring.  I have not even been able to go back to eating commercial pine nuts, which were formerly my favorite nut!  I had kept aside a few pounds of the Mac nuts for my personal consumption and when I ran out a few weeks ago it suddenly dawned on me that I'd have to live without them completely because there was no going back to the kind they sell in the supermarkets.  So, I'm thrilled to have found this hobbyist grower.  When I explained what I was doing (providing a way for health conscious people to get affordable farm fresh food), she was very happy to sell to me as well.  I love a business where everybody wins!

      These will be the same price as before, $13/lb.  We will have to act quickly because soon I'll be busy selling summer fruit, with almonds and pistachios to follow closely.  I will go ahead and set up a database but I may only keep it open for a week or so.  I am having the grower send me a sample to make sure they meet the highest standards possible.  I'll report here after I've tried them.  If you're at all interested in buying, go ahead and add your order to the database or email me privately.  If the nuts aren't absolutely delicious, I won't go ahead and nobody will be obligated to buy.

      Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

      In health,
      Nora