[RE][RawPortland] Taking orders for almonds

  • Tanya Petrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
      Nora,
      Do you have an idea of how much it will cost to ship?

      Thanks,
      Tanya

      Subject : [RawPortland] Taking orders for almonds

      Date : Sat, 07 Jun 2008 16:52:27 -0000

      From : "Nora Lenz" <nmlenz@...>

      To : RawPortland@yahoogroups.com

      Hi All,

      I will have farm-direct unpasteurized almonds for sale again this

      year. They are from the same farm as last time but this year we will

      have a chance to get the non-pareil (larger, flatter) variety, which

      comes in earlier than the Sonoras (the ones we got last year, which

      are smaller and rounder). Also, the farm has completed its organic

      certification requirements this year. This may be good news for some

      who like or need the government label but the bad news is that it

      greatly increases the value of the product. I am still awaiting a

      final quote from the grower but it will likely be double what I paid

      last year. My price to you will not double but it will definitely

      increase. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to offer them at $11 per

      pound, which is an unbeatable price for certified organic non-pareils.

      I have opened a database at the Raw Portland Yahoo Groups homepage

      so that you can enter your advance order. It will be helpful for me

      to have this information when I place my order. Bear in mind that the

      almonds will not be harvested and shipped until September (late in the

      month most likely, at the earliest). I have placed some photos on the

      Yahoo groups home page so you can see what they look like now, still

      on the tree.

      There is a 5-pound minimum on all orders. Almonds store well in a

      cool, dark place or refrigerator for up to a year with no depreciation

      of taste or nutrition. If you have any questions about using the

      database or the product itself, please post or email me privately. I

      will not be able to receive email until Sunday evening, jfyi.

      Thanks much,

      Nora

    • Nora Lenz