Taking orders for almonds

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      Hi All,
      I will have farm-direct unpasteurized almonds for sale again this
      year. They are from the same farm as last time but this year we will
      have a chance to get the non-pareil (larger, flatter) variety, which
      comes in earlier than the Sonoras (the ones we got last year, which
      are smaller and rounder). Also, the farm has completed its organic
      certification requirements this year. This may be good news for some
      who like or need the government label but the bad news is that it
      greatly increases the value of the product. I am still awaiting a
      final quote from the grower but it will likely be double what I paid
      last year. My price to you will not double but it will definitely
      increase. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to offer them at $11 per
      pound, which is an unbeatable price for certified organic non-pareils.

      I have opened a database at the Raw Portland Yahoo Groups homepage
      so that you can enter your advance order. It will be helpful for me
      to have this information when I place my order. Bear in mind that the
      almonds will not be harvested and shipped until September (late in the
      month most likely, at the earliest). I have placed some photos on the
      Yahoo groups home page so you can see what they look like now, still
      on the tree.

      There is a 5-pound minimum on all orders. Almonds store well in a
      cool, dark place or refrigerator for up to a year with no depreciation
      of taste or nutrition. If you have any questions about using the
      database or the product itself, please post or email me privately. I
      will not be able to receive email until Sunday evening, jfyi.

      Thanks much,
      Nora