RE: [RawPortland] Where Do You Like to Shop?

  • younger Gene
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
      HELLO SUE,

      I too like New Seasons.

      And there are some things that you will find at Peoples Coop that New Seasons does not carry.

      For instance Peoples has a very good supply of wheat grass berries and other things for growing sprouts.

      See you soon,

      GENE YOUNGER

      To: RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
      From: crunchy@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:28:03 -0700
      Subject: [RawPortland] Where Do You Like to Shop?

      > Hi All,

      I've been getting more and more raw over the last month or so, and am
      loving it. Currently, I shop at New Seasons (at Seven Corners), and I
      was wondering if you all had any places you like even better for
      organic produce.

      Thanks.
      Sue

    • Mike Snyder
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Sue,

        There are many great places to shop in Portland. Some of my favorites are:

        The Portland Farmers markets on Saturday, Wednesday, and Thursday
        http://www.portlandfarmersmarket.org

        I like the People's Co-Op Farmer's Market, it is every Wednesday afternoon from 2 to 7pm.

        I like the co-ops, Food Front in NW, and Alberta St. co-op in NE

        Limbo has a great selection of organic produce, they also have "The Wall of Herbs" where you can find just about any spice or blend of tea you can think of. Limbo is on SE 39th, one block south of Holgate.

        Take care,

        Mike Snyder
        http://www.TheRawDiet.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008

          Whole Foods in Bridgeport, has a very nice selection of Raw options, right off of the produce aisle.   Things I could not find at any of the other places listed.  They have numerous book and cookbooks on Raw, and they even have a Raw Bar where you can buy fresh prepared raw foods.  Recently they had veggie pasta with sundried marinara, and numerous salads etc.

          --
          ~Omnia