Mac nuts

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Hi All,
      I will be receiving the last shipment of mac nuts this weekend.  They'll be available for pick up Sunday after noon or anytime next week.  If you ordered, please email me to make arrangements for pick up or shipping.

      In the end the farmer was not able to sell me as much as I needed to cover all the orders.  I'll do my best to divvy them up equitably.  In the meantime, I wanted to let you know that I have found a supplier of African Macadamia nuts whose mission, like mine, is to deal only with farms that are committed to sustainable, organic, ethical practices.  The nuts are this year's harvest from a small farm near the border of South Africa and Zimbabwe.  They are small, white, fresh, with a tender crunch and great flavor.  My supplier says the whole nuts were gone almost as soon as he got them and all he has left at this point are halves.  The upside is that they can be had cheaply ($9/lb) and there is a plentiful supply (at least there was when I spoke to him last week).

      I've deleted the other databases so if you need any info about what you ordered, please contact me.  I'll create a new database for the African Macadamias.  I will be closing it in a week or so, jfyi.  Please email me with any questions.

      Best wishes,
      Nora

    • Carolyn Loubiere
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2008