Fw: Seattle raw foods article

  • Mike Snyder
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Hi folks,

      This is a neat article about the raw foods community in Seattle. Sounds like there is a new raw restaurant there called Dalene's. http://www.dalenes.com/  I can't wait to try it out!

      Below is an excerpt from the article.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Victoria Boutenko is hosting a free teleseminar in a couple hours, tonight, May 1, at 5:00pm. You may join the call at

      http://www.therawdiet.com/jim.html

      If you can't call in at 5:00, the recording will be available on that page.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      The Raw Seattle article is at

      http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/361074_rawfood30.html?source=mypi
      Enjoy!
      Mike
      "Raw foods go mainstream
      April 30, 2008

      ...why do people go raw?

      It's simple: Raw foodists say they feel better and healthier than ever, and that chronic sickness often disappears....

      Sandra tried raw food for health reasons two years ago, and said her asthma promptly disappeared, "I've lost 40 pounds. People say I look better than I did 15 years ago." Sandra has become a raw foods chef at Dalene's, a new raw restaurant in Kirkland. Her 4-year-old daughter eats raw about 60 percent of the time. "It's really easy with kids, because kids like sweets, so they love fruit,"...

      Raw foodists say their palates get rewired and they rarely miss cooked food. In fact, many say their taste becomes very simple, and they eat "monomeals" -- such as bananas for breakfast, or romaine lettuce for lunch.

      "There are times when I walk by a bakery. It's a nice aroma, but I don't have any interest in eating it," said Jeff Rogers, a raw foodist who sometimes tests himself by perusing a pastry case.

      Raw foodists often have to combat the perception that the food is unappealing and boring.

      "It's amazing how gourmet some of the foods are at potlucks. Some people may have the wrong impression that raw foodists eat celery and carrot sticks," said Rogers, author of "Vice Cream," a cookbook on raw, non-dairy ice creams....

      Raw growth in Washington State

      SPI Seattle writes about the growing raw food community in the Seattle aria. "Culver, a former medical assistant, has become a raw foods chef at Dalene's, a new raw restaurant in Kirkland. Her 4-year-old daughter eats raw about 60 percent of the time".
      See article here http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/361074_rawfood30.html?source=mypi

    • Jeff Rogers
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        BTW,

        While I knew the article was coming out, I didn't realize the support it would receive from the newspaper. It was the cover story in the Life & Arts section!

        Also, dalene's food is excellent!

        Jeff