Raw Foods Festival this year?

  • Anna Long
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
      Hello! I have heard in the past about a raw foods
      festival held in Portland during the summer. Will
      there be a festival this year?

      I live in North Carolina and hope to visit Portland
      this summer. I'd love to plan my trip to coincide
      with the festival if it will be held this year, but
      I've had no luck finding any details. Any info you
      can provide would be appreciated!

      Anna

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Jeff Rogers
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
        Anna,

        The International Raw and Living Foods Festival, used to occur in the Portland area annually, but ended many years ago. Still near portland, the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat happens August 26 - 29, 2008. This is the third annual event. There is more information on their site: http://www.rawandlivingspirit.org. It is a wonderful event! I'm looking forward to attending, as well as teaching classes and preparing dessert for one of the meals.

        I hope to see you there!

        Jeff

        On Apr 20, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Anna Long wrote:
        Hello! I have heard in the past about a raw foods
        festival held in Portland during the summer. Will
        there be a festival this year?

      • Gabrielle
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
          Yes, Anna, we area having a retreat again this year at Camp Adams.  Our website is www.rawandlivingspirit.org.   We are finalizing our speakers and will open registration by June 1. In the meantime, the dates are set, Aug 26-29 just before labor day weekend. Hope to meet you then!
          Gabrielle Chavez

          Anna Long wrote:

          Hello! I have heard in the past about a raw foods
          festival held in Portland during the summer. Will
          there be a festival this year?

          I live in North Carolina and hope to visit Portland
          this summer. I'd love to plan my trip to coincide
          with the festival if it will be held this year, but
          I've had no luck finding any details. Any info you
          can provide would be appreciated!

          Anna

          Be a better friend, newshound, and

          http://www.eset.com

          http://www.eset.com

        • Anna Long
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2008
            Hello, everyone, and thanks for all the info about the
            festival and the retreat! I'm sorry that I missed the
            festival when it was operating, but the retreat sounds
            great! I don't think my Portland trip this year will
            allow me enough time to enjoy the retreat, but it's
            now on my "radar" for future years.

            I hope you all don't mind if I stay on this list to
            receive your event notices and raw food discussion.
            We have a small group of raw food enthusiasts here in
            the Triangle, but it appears yours in Portland is much
            larger. Nice to hear what other communities are
            doing!

            Thanks again,
            Anna