Raw Meat Diet for Pets???

  • sunnymilanna
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2008
      I am looking for a good company that sells organic ground raw meat for
      cats and dogs in the Portland, OR area, or WA...or a company that ships.

      Thanks!

      Sunny
    • Tatyana
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2008
        Hi, New Seasons and Whole Foods carry raw meals for pets in their freezer sections.  I think New Seasons has a separate freezer in their pet aisle.  Also, Furever Pets on NE Broadway is a wonderful pet store that carries raw foods and should be able to give you info you might be looking for as to the content and quality of various brands.

        Good luck, Tatyana

        "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

                                                                                                                         - Buddha

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20, 2008
          Hi,
          I go to Fubon market at SE Division and 82nd ave and get pork necks and such for 78
          cents a pound. I also get chicken thighs at Winco for 88 cents. My Lab/border collie loves
          me for it. If you find something better, let me know. Maybe we can go on an order
          together. I heard that Willamette meats has turkey necks cheap. I am a bus/pedestrian so I
          have limited options.
          Deb

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "sunnymilanna" <sunnymilanna@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for a good company that sells organic ground raw meat for
          > cats and dogs in the Portland, OR area, or WA...or a company that ships.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Sunny

        • Mike Snyder
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20, 2008
            There is a company on E. Burnside that you may want to check out, I have not been there but I saw an ad recently...

            http://www.MeatForCatsAndDogs.com

            2205 E Burnside
            Portland, OR 97214 503.236.6971

            meat proudly supports and supplies the raw food diet for dogs and cats. Haven't heard or tried the raw diet before? We will walk you through each step of the way to help integrate raw meat into your pet's diet.

            Talk soon,

            Mike

            I go to Fubon market at SE Division and 82nd ave and get pork necks and such for 78
            cents a pound. I also get chicken thighs at Winco for 88 cents. My Lab/border collie loves
            me for it. If you find something better, let me know. Maybe we can go on an order
            together. I heard that Willamette meats has turkey necks cheap. I am a bus/pedestrian so I
            have limited options.
            Deb

            --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, "sunnymilanna" <sunnymilanna@ ...> wrote:

            > I am looking for a good company that sells organic ground raw meat for
            > cats and dogs in the Portland, OR area, or WA...or a company that ships.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Sunny

          • Ariel Rose
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 20, 2008
              Hi All,

              I invite you to submit any info or ask any questions at my new blog:

              www.rawdoggie.com

              We need more good information about raw food for dogs, and it is more necessary than ever. Our pooches and kitties are being exposed to toxic pet foods, even those considered "natural". Many of these foods contain synthetic supplementation, almost all of which is now manufactured in China. Anyway, check it out and send any info that you have.

              Ariel

              www.doctorariel.blogspot.com
              www.bodyblisscleanse.com