Re: [RawPortland] Macadamia Nuts update

  • Gabrielle
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
         I believe I successfully order 5 # on the database, but didn't prepay. I'm going to pass on the nuts for now, thanks.

      Nora Lenz wrote:

      Hi All,
      The good news is that the farmer says he will finally be shipping the first 25 pounds to me today.
      He'll be sending the rest in 25 pound weekly increments.

      Now the bad news. It turns out he normally sells his mac nuts in the shell to a local co-op and
      wasn't fully aware how labor intensive and time consuming the shelling process was going to be. It
      isn't so much the shelling (he sends them out); the hitch is that they have to be dried first at low
      temps to harden the shell. The bottom line is that he has seen fit to significantly increase his
      price, which means I'm going to have to raise my price too. I don't like having to do that and I
      strive to avoid making changes once I've offered a product at a certain price. One of my goals is
      to not only bring people the best, freshest food possible but at lower prices than they have to pay
      elsewhere. Even at the higher price, these nuts still qualify on both counts. Anybody who has
      placed an order can cancel, of course, or buy fewer pounds. The price is $13/lb., which is still
      well below even the price for conventional macs, and these are fresh, uncertified organic. As
      usual, you are welcome to try before you buy. I would like to stick to the 2-pound minimum.

      Please email me privately if you'd like to come over this weekend and pick up your order. They
      should be available starting Friday evening. The first people to email me will get this first
      shipment, until they are gone. You can either pay by check or cash when you pick up, or in advance
      by Paypal (to: nmlenz@speakeasy. net). I'll be shipping nuts out of state after all the local
      orders are filled. For those in Portland, I'll be traveling through in late May and it may work out
      that I can drop orders off at a central location. We'll see how the timing plays out.

      Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

      Best wishes,
      Nora

      http://www.eset.com

      http://www.eset.com

    • Nora Lenz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2008
        Thanks, Gabrielle, I'll take care of it.  If anyone else wants to cancel or change their order, please just edit your entry on the database.  Thank you!
        Nora

           I believe I successfully order 5 # on the database, but didn't prepay. I'm going to pass on the nuts for now, thanks.

        .