Raw Food Potluck in Orchards, Wa

  • eyeguy927
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
      HELLO RAW FOODERS

      Do you know of any interested folks in the Vancouver area?

      I am new to the raw Food Community in the Portland Metro area. I have
      been attending Thomas and Gabrielle Chavez's group on Sunday evenings
      in Milwaukie.

      And I am interested in getting a group going here in the Orchards area
      of Vancouver, Wa. We have been offered space at the local YMCA and
      could meet there on Sundays at 5:30 pm.

      Please let me know of your interest.

      Thanks
    • eyeguy927
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2008
        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "eyeguy927" <see20x20now@...>
        wrote:

        > HELLO RAW FOODERS
        >
        > Do you know of any interested folks in the Vancouver area?
        >
        > I am new to the raw Food Community in the Portland Metro area. I
        have
        > been attending Thomas and Gabrielle Chavez's group on Sunday
        evenings
        > in Milwaukie.
        >
        > And I am interested in getting a group going here in the Orchards
        area
        > of Vancouver, Wa. We have been offered space at the local YMCA and
        > could meet there on Sundays at 5:30 pm.
        >
        > Please let me know of your interest.
        >
        > Thanks

        >OOPS, I was not clear in my post about Raw Food Group in Orchards,
        WA.

        I can see a group of health conscious folks meeting a the YMCA for a
        time of sharing.
        We can share raw food, raw food recipes, ideas and offer support to
        anyone who is leaning toward a more healthy diet and lifestyle.

        So, A Raw Food Potluck with Raw Food as the agenda.
        And you do not have to be a 100% 'Raw Fooder' to come and join in the
        delightful food, fun and fellowship.

        Thanks,

        Gene Younger
      • Amy Lovelace
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2008
          I also live in Vancouver, just a few mins from the YMCA.  Not sure what kind of group you want to start up, We are not eating raw at this time, just started with some green smoothies and am trying to learn as much as I can.

          Amy

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
            WOW... how cool to hear of local Raw interest (am in Vancouver). Can't
            attend Thomas/Gabrielle's Sunday gathering due to another Sunday eve.
            commitment... which would also preclude, for me, a Sunday Raw potluck
            here....

            Hope to stay "in the loop," however, and grow the Raw community here
            on the "North side" of the river....
            peace,
            chris

            Chris Keinath
            Vancouver, WA
          • eyeguy927
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
              Re:Raw Food Potluck in Orchards, Wa

              Interest is building as word gets around about the Raw Food Potluck
              in Orchards.

              I recall a song we used to sing at Youth Camps. PASS IT ON by Kurt
              Kaiser.
              I take liberty here and change a COUPLE OF words to make it fit Raw
              Food Potluck in Orchards, WA.

              "It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
              And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing;
              That's how it is with RAW FOOD (God's Love)
              Once you've experienced it,
              Your spread the love to everyone
              You want to pass it on.

              If Sunday doesn't work, how about Saturday afternoon at around 5PM?
              That way we could invite Thomas and Gabrielle Chavez to visit and
              share sometimes.

              So please let others know and soon we will meet and see each others
              shining faces and share from the heart about our expereinces,
              strength and hopes about life with Raw Food, just like Victoria
              Botenko has said.

              Gene Younger
              Vancouver, WA