More on Macadamias

  • Nora Lenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2008
      Hi All,
      I just spoke to the farmer yesterday and he shared with me that all macadamias must be dried prior
      to being cracked, otherwise the shell is not brittle enough. The upshot of this for us is that
      there will be a delay because they use very low temps (a good thing!) which makes it a slow process;
      plus the particular farmer I'm dealing with can only dry in 20 pound batches. He did say he hoped
      to be able to ship the first shipment of nuts by the end of next week. One of the little annoyances
      of dealing with small farms is that very often they don't have all the 'machinery' in place to
      fulfill large orders expediently.

      I'm sure the product will be worth the wait! If anyone else wants to order, you have plenty of
      time. I will keep you posted. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

      Best wishes,
      Nora