Re: [RawPortland] Fasting

  • Betty
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2004
      You can find lots of info. at
      http://www.freedomyou.com about fasting and they have
      books they wrote too for sale.

      I understand that short fasts of a day or two are best
      for beginners. As you progess you can increase the
      fasting days. I think that fasting with drinking only
      water and fresh green juices would be ideal. I've only
      done a 2 day fast once myself. It was easy but when I
      broke the fast and ate for the first time my throat
      hurts so much it made me not want to do another fast.
      Maybe it would be better now since I've been raw
      (about 95% raw) for almost a year.

      Love,
      Prism

      --- jandquinn <gldnth@...> wrote:
      > Anybody have information on fasting? What is a good
      > fast for raw
      > fooders to go on?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > ~J

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2004
        Hi folks,

        I would like to invite you over for a potluck! My roomates and I
        are hosting a raw vegan potluck this Wednesday, May 12, between 6:30
        and 9:00 pm. (Please make sure all the ingredients are 100% raw vegan
        foods and list the ingredients so we can put it next to your dish.) A
        green salad or fruit salad is always welcome.

        The address is 50 SE 62nd Ave., the house is one block south of E.
        Burnside. For more info e-mail or call me at 503-234-2435.

        Hi J,

        > --- jandquinn wrote:
        > Anybody have information on fasting?

        I posted a reply to you on the rawportland.org forum, a good article
        is
        http://www.nwnclinic.com/juice.htm
        "Flowers Under the Snow, Some Thoughts on Fasting"
        By Dr. Steven A. Bailey, ND of the Northwest Naturopathic Clinic in
        Northwest Portland.

        Have a great day!

        Mike