Announcing: David Wolfe in Seattle this February!

  • monikakinsman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2007
      Friends,

      I am very excited to announce that David Wolfe is coming to Seattle in February to speak
      at our 2nd Annual Fundraising Gala and Silent Auction!!!

      PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION!!
      http://rawwashington.org/events/gala.htm

      Blessings,
      Monika Kinsman
      Executive Director and Founder
      Raw Network of Washington
      (206) 923-8908
      monika@...

      * * *
      REPOSTED FROM OUR WEBSITE:

      Raw Network of Washington presents:
      David Wolfe: World Authority on Nutrition
      2 nights only: February 16 & 17, 2008

      2nd Annual Fundraising Gala and Silent Auction with Keynote Speaker David Wolfe
      Saturday, February 16, 2008
      6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
      Columbia Tower Club
      701 Fifth Avenue, Floor 76
      Seattle, Washington

      Special Lecture with David Wolfe
      Sunday, February 17, 2008
      2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
      Bastyr University Auditorium
      14500 Juanita Drive NE
      Kenmore, Washington

      About the Gala Event
      Please join Raw Network of Washington for our 2nd Annual Fundraising Gala, Gourmet
      Raw Foods Dinner, and Silent Auction! We are pleased to announce that our keynote
      speaker this year is David "Avocado" Wolfe, World Authority on Chocolate, Raw-Food
      Nutrition, Superfoods, Herbal Healing, and having the best day EVER!
      Our 2008 black-tie event will be held for the second consecutive year at the Columbia
      Tower Club, one of the world's most renowned private dining clubs. With stunning views
      of Seattle, Puget Sound, and the surrounding snow-capped mountains, this event will be
      an awe-inspiring event to remember. The evening will feature a silent auction, a 4-course
      gourmet raw foods dinner prepared by the chefs of the Columbia Tower Club, and event
      attendees will have an opportunity to win a one-on-one private meal with David Wolfe the
      following day!

      About our Keynote Speaker, David "Avocado" Wolfe
      David is considered by peers to be one of the world's leading authorities on nutrition.
      David is the author of Naked Chocolate, Eating For Beauty and The Sunfood Diet Success
      System. David works, in conjunction with Sunfood Nutrition™, to develop, market and
      distribute some of the world's most wonderful and exotic organic food items. David and
      Sunfood Nutrition were the first to bring raw and organic: cacao beans/nibs (raw
      chocolate), goji berries, Incan berries, cacao butter, cacao powder, powdered
      encapsulated mangosteen, maca extract and cold-pressed coconut oil into general
      distribution in North America. Known for extraordinary quality control and ethical
      production, these products and many others developed by David and Sunfood Nutrition
      lead the field. David Wolfe has degrees in Mechanical and Environmental Engineering and
      Political Science. He has studied at many institutions including Oxford University. He
      concluded his formal education by receiving a Juris Doctor in Law from the University of
      San Diego. Currently, David still participates in higher education as a professor of nutrition
      for Dr. Gabriel Cousens' masters degree program on live-food nutrition. David Wolfe is
      the middle son of two medical doctors, which provides him with a unique perspective in
      the health field. Since 1995, David Wolfe has given over 1,000 health lectures and
      seminars in the United States, Canada, Europe, the South Pacific, Central America and
      South America. He hosts at least six health, fitness and adventure retreats each year at
      various retreat centers around the world. David is the founder of the non-profit Fruit Tree
      Planting Foundation whose goal is to plant 18 billion fruit trees on planet Earth. David is
      also the founder of, and leading contributor to, the internet's only Peak Performance and
      Nutrition online magazine: www.thebestdayever.com. As part of his action-packed
      schedule, David also coaches and feeds Hollywood producers and celebrities as well as
      some of the world's leading business people and entrepreneurs. David is currently
      completing several new books, and occasionally plays drums for the raw rock and roll
      group — The Healing Waters Band (www.thehealingwatersband.com). In 2004, David
      starred as "Avocado" in the reality television show Mad Mad House airing on the Science
      Fiction Channel. Other than a passion for nutrition and music, David's favorite hobbies
      include: hiking, yoga, literature, writing, alchemy, chemistry, wild adventures, hot springs
      soaking, planting fruit trees, spending time with loved ones and having The Best Day Ever!

      About our First Annual Event
      Our keynote speakers last year were raw food authors Victoria Boutenko and Paul Nison.
      Our silent auction included raw and raw-friendly business contributors such as
      Hippocrates Health Institute, Sunfood Nutrition, E3Live, VegNews Magazine, HealthForce
      Nutritionals, Maya Whole Health Studio, Chaco Canyon Cafe, RawVegan Source, Sidecar for
      Pigs Peace, and many more. While we were able to raise approximately $15,000 last year
      toward our goal of opening the world's first raw foods community center - we have quite a
      ways to go to reach our $100,000 goal!

      Tickets for the Gala Event
      We are pleased to announce that tickets will go on sale on Sunday, December 23, 2007.
      Tickets for the event are $100. An early bird discount of $10 per ticket applies for tickets
      purchased prior to Friday, January 11, 2008. Please note that this event sold out last year
      and will sell out again.

      Information For Business Owners
      If you are a raw-friendly business owner or if you know one who would like to find out
      how to become an event sponsor, auction item donor, or table for Sunday's event, please
      visit this page.

      Getting Involved
      For information about joining our Gala Event Planning Committee, please contact Monika
      Kinsman, Executive Director, at (206) 923-8908. Committee members receive discounted
      tickets to the event.

      About Sunday's Special Lecture at Bastyr University
      Sad to be missing Saturday's big event or just can't get enough? Don't fret! This is annual
      fundraising weekend and because last year's event sold out, we want to give people a 2nd
      chance to see David in a less formal environment. At this event, David will be talking for a
      3-full hours on the secrets of EATING FOR BEAUTY, the SUNFOOD DIET SUCCESS SYSTEM,
      and the BEST DAY EVER! For a biography of David Wolfe, please read the description
      provided earlier on this page.

      What Else is Happening on Sunday?
      Just like when we brought Matt Monarch, Jenna Norwood, and Victoria Boutenko to town
      for our other Bastyr events earlier this year, there will be vendors on-site to show off their
      latest products. Come find out what's new with RawVegan Source, dalene's, and other
      local NW raw-friendly organizations. David Wolfe will be available to sign books at the
      conclusion of the lecture as well, and he will be bringing all of his products with him.
      Finally, as an extension of the fundraising weekend, there will be opportunities to join our
      organization or donate money toward our nonprofit organization. Our goal is to open the
      world's first raw foods community center and every winter we go into fund-raising mode.

      Purchasing Tickets for Sunday's Event
      Tickets for this event will also go on sale on Sunday, December 23, 2007. Advance-
      purchase tickets for the event are $35 for the general public, and there will be a 20%
      discount available for our paid members. While advanced tickets for this event are not
      required and may be purchased at the door, please note that tickets purchased at the
      door on the day of the event will be an additional $10. A limited number of discounted
      tickets will be available for event volunteers. Please contact Monika Kinsman for
      questions.

      ASL Interpreters
      If there is a Deaf group of 10 or more people that would like to attend Saturday 2nd
      Annual Fundraising Gala Event, or Sunday's Special Lecture at Bastyr University, please
      send us an email to let us know! We would be happy to work with your group to get
      accomodations.