Fwd: ACTION ALERT: Say NO to the Irradiation of Supplements

  • Pamela Melcher
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2007
      Dear Supporter,

      Earlier today I alerted you to our position in
      opposition to a petition filed with the Food and Drug
      Administration (FDA) to allow the use of ionizing
      radiation for the control of microbial contamination
      on dietary supplements and dietary ingredients.

      Unfortunately, because the format of the alert and
      letter were different than those to which you are
      normally accustomed, a number of you were confused
      about how to proceed, or believed you were
      encountering problems with your email addresses or
      log-in names and passwords. I have sent this follow up
      to clarify/correct things in a way that will make it
      easier to make your voices heard. I also want make
      sure everyone gets the message, not just those who
      took the time to contact me about it.

      There were two reasons for the nature of this email
      alert:

      * The FDA has been discouraging comments to
      individual email addresses, and has preferred written
      letters or comments submitted using their website's
      comments form
      * Individually crafted letters are seen as
      carrying more weight than many similar letters or
      emails

      However, the priority here is that you can be heard on
      this issue, not the manner in which you are heard. So,
      please follow this link to send a letter the way with
      which you are familiar:

      Click Here: Stop the Irradiation of Supplements NOW!

      Remember that now, as it has been at every point in
      our nation's history, if it were not for the
      dedication of the few, the vast majority of us would
      not enjoy the rights and freedoms we do. Your voice is
      needed now to preserve our access to food and
      supplements free from irradiation.

      Thanks for taking action,

      Frank Herd, Jr

      Executive Director

      If you do not wish to receive further emails such as
      this, click here.