Reprint: Helping Dr. Colin Campbell's Research

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17 4:41 PM
      I'm copying this from the December 18 [sic] Hallelujah Acres'

      On December 7, 2007, Hallelujah Acres received the following
      letter: "I am writing on behalf of The Campbell Foundation in support
      of the work of T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Jacob Gould Schurman
      Professor Emeritus at Cornell University, researcher in nutritional
      biochemistry, and author of The China Study. The China Study
      documents the findings from The China Project, the most comprehensive
      research study ever conducted on the relationship between diet and

      "The Campbell Foundation is initiating a new project designed to
      chronicle the stories of individuals who attribute their success in
      arresting, reversing and/or living with serious disease, particularly
      cancer, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes or MS at least in
      part to the consumption of a plant-based diet. The project focuses on
      these diseases, but is not limited to them. Any account of treating
      disease with diet is welcomed.

      "All of Dr. Campbell's research points to the benefits of a plant-
      based diet and the dangers of the over consumption of animal protein,
      including red meat, pork, poultry, fish, and dairy. To support Dr.
      Campbell's work, we endeavor to create a library of accurate and
      personal accounts by those who have used plant-based nutrition to
      inhibit disease. These accounts will be aggregated and made available
      to the public to serve as a reference material for patients,
      physicians, researchers and anyone else who may need it. As well as
      to create this reference resource, the intention is also to collect a
      critical mass of information that may pave the way for further study.
      The more information we are able to gather, the greater impact we
      will have.

      "We seek to gather tens of thousands of accounts. If you had a
      positive experience using plant-based diet as medicine, your story
      would prove invaluable to our project. If you know of others with
      compelling stories regarding foods' use as medicine, please share
      this letter with them. Should you be willing to participate, I invite
      you to contact me without delay. Please contact Micaela Cook at
      micaela@... Thank you for your participation."