USDA Plans to Nuke ALL Our Greens Soon -- Take Action Quickly!

  • mkhovila
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007

      USDA Plans to Nuke ALL Our Greens Soon -- Take Action by MONDAY!

      Bob Avery writes:

      Sorry to bug all you guys about this. Seems various petition requests pop into my mailbox every day that I don't have time to bother with, but this one strikes right at our hygienic, raw food roots.

      Our "beloved" government intends to require that all greens be pasteurized prior to sale, and their open comment period from the public runs only until this Monday, Dec. 3! We need to make our opinions heard and registered immediately if we hope to be able to still buy raw greens in the supermarkets.

      In the forwarded email below, they refer to the FDA, but they really mean the USDA. Here are the procedures for posting a public comment:

      1) To submit online:

      Go to www.regulations.gov. In the middle of the screen, you will see “Search Documents.”

      In Step 1, choose “Documents with an open comments period”
      In Step 2, choose “Department of Agriculture”
      In Step 3, choose “PROPOSED RULES”
      In Step 4, choose “Docket ID” and then type in “AMS-FV-07-0090”

      Hit “Submit.”

      Next, you will see a column titled “Comments, add/due by.” Click on the tiny tan dialogue icon, and you are now ready to submit your information and your comment.

      2) To fax: (202) 720-8938.

      Bob Avery

      Subject: FDA Plans to Nuke ALL Our Greens Soon -- Take Action Quickly!

      Please don't just hit the delete button. This is too important.

      The proposal is for federal regulations to mandate the 'pasteurization' of all greens. And as bad as that sounds, it gets worse: the FDA has started using the word 'pasteurize' as a euphemism or cover for what they really are up to, which is irradiation. I've seen this coming (they've already mandated 'pasteurizing' almonds-- burning them with carcinogenic, banned rocket fuel... yes, really!)-- but they've sprung it on us, revealing their plan only recently, and allowing only till
      Monday, Dec. 3 for public comment. (In the past, the FDA had comment periods of several weeks or even months. This is obscene!

      We need to take action. Almonds in September 2007; all greens (including organic) in the near future; what's next? If we don't act, we have only ourselves to blame as our food supply becomes ever more nutrient-deprived and/or toxic.

      Follow the link to read more and take action at the FDA Comment Line.  Also pass it on to your friends:
      http://snipurl.com/1ug7d

      Even more important, get to know your Senators and Representatives and call them; their willingness to address issues depends on how many constituents call them to complain or voice their support. It only takes 5 minutes to call the toll-free Congressional switchboard numbers when an important issue like this comes up, and they are listening. For example, I remember a number of years back when the FDA wanted to dismantle the the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act that is the underpinning that allows Americans the health freedom to pursue alternative medicine, herbs and supplements. Thousands of Americans called and wrote Congress to protest aggressively, and as a result the plan was tabled.

      Sadly, the FDA hardly ever listens to the public and heeds their wishes at all these days.  That's why I personally think it's even more important to voice your concern Monday to the Senators and Represenatives who represent you. Let them know you want your the agri-business corporations to take responsibility and use more hygienic handling practices and more prudent shipping methods, even if it costs them a little more, rather than passing the burden on to you in the form of toxic, devitalized food devoid of most of its nutritional value. Enough is enough!

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.