Daily Grind was not done in by Fred Meyer or New Seasons

  • Pamela Melcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Whoa, Folks.............

      The Ode to the Daily Grind (see below) contains
      serious errors.
      My partner worked at the Daily Grind.

      It was that the owner blew it. Without his bungling,
      they would still be there. It was NOT Fred Meyers or
      New Seasons that did them in.

      It is important that people KNOW that.

      It is really the story of heroic and heroinic valor
      creating goodness out of a very unsupportive
      situation.

      I saw it up close. Small idealistic stores CAN make
      it. Proper Eats can make it, etc.

      This is fact. Do not despair.

      Further details if you wish.

      By the way, supplements are now 35% off. The store
      will close soon.

      Many Blessings,
      Pamela Melcher

      http://nwveg.org/mastervegetarian/fall2007/Vegan_Chronic_Disease_Prevention.pdf

> [...]
      > cheeses, etc. There are also plenty of staple goods,
      > bulk foods, books,
      > magazines, stickers. Call (503) 233-3910 or
      > visit
      > www.foodfightgrocery.com.
      > Hours: 10 am – 8 pm daily.
      >
      > Integrated
      > Medicine Group, 163
      > NE 102nd Ave. Bldg. V, Portland, OR 97220, (503)
      > 257-3327,
      > www.integratedmedicinegroup.com.
      > Services include acupuncture, massage, Hyperbaric
      > Oxygen Therapy, and
      > intravenous delivery of nutrients and medications,
      > among other therapies. 15%
      > discount on supplements, all of which are
      > vegan.
      >
      > Natural
      > Awakenings Magazine, (866)
      > 488-5490, Portland@....
      > Local magazine provides insights and
      > information to improve the quality of life
      > physically, mentally,
      > emotionally and spiritually. 20% discount on
      > advertising. Visit
      > www.naportland.com.
      >

      > Vegetarian
      > House
      > offers a wide selection of unique and fresh Chinese
      > style food — exclusively
      > vegetarian. Vegetarian House offers a fresh lunch
      > buffet (weekdays, 11 am to
      > 2:30 pm) and a regular menu with a great variety of
      > flavorful healthy food every
      > day (11 am to 9 pm). Location: 22 NW 4th Ave.,
      > Portland. (503)
      > 274-0160. www.vegetarianhouse.com
      >
      > Kandie
      > Virchenko, Independent Consultant, Arbonne
      > International,
      > www.kandie.myarbonne.com.
      > Discover a health, wellness and beauty company that
      > offers products that are
      > Certified Vegan and never tests on animals. All of
      > our anti-aging and skin care
      > products are herbally and botanically based. Contact
      > Kandie at
      > kandie@....
      >
      > The Vita
      > Café serves up mostly vegetarian,
      > vegan, and organic cuisine for breakfast, lunch and
      > dinner. Open daily at NE
      > Alberta Street and NE 31st Ave. Contact Vita about
      > catering or anything else at
      > (503) 335-8233, www.vita-cafe.com. 10% discount for
      > Northwest VEG members.
      >

      > Watermelon
      > Web Works,
      > LLC’s mission is to meet the web design, marketing
      > and hosting needs of small,
      > socially conscious businesses and individuals.
      > Watermelon has donated hosting of
      > the Northwest VEG website since 2003. To learn about
      > how Watermelon can develop
      > or enhance your site, call (971) 645-4352 or (866)
      > 836-4215, or visit
      > www.watermelonwebworks.com.
      >

      > Editor:
      > Tammy Russell, noemie1226@.... If you are
      > interested in writing for the
      > newsletter, please contact Tammy to discuss your

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Walker Traylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        Mike,
        With all the study we've done on internet marketing approaches,
        and classic fundamentals - there is much information on creating
        powerful sales pages, member sites, advertising methods, etc. What I
        have yet to find is a good resource presenting findings on what
        shopping cart or webstore design converts the most sales. Most of
        the IM guys emphasize making a big deal out of just one product, or
        newsletter, or ebook. I understand this. Yet, I also want a
        webstore to present an aggregate of all the food products I vend. I
        notice you do the same. I feel that making the choice is hit and
        miss - feature based. I enjoy feature comparisons, but as we've
        learned, market research is where you learn what actually CONVERTS
        SALES. Have you seen a breakdown, empircally, or case studies, of
        results from using various shopping carts? Or features within
        shopping carts, or templates? Surely someone has done this work.

        I hope your business is going well - I'm doing lectures from time to
        time and selling with word of mouth - soon to get the site up!

        Walker