Re: [RE][RawPortland] coconut oil

  • Walker Traylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2007
      I've tried both, and vastly prefer the Wilderness Family Naturals for taste.  This is the centrifuge version from WFN.  I have not tried the traditional fermented version from WFN, though I do have the inclination it would be superior to WFN.  Good luck!

      I also very super awesomely enjoy the  "Virgin Oil de Coco Creme" oil, this is my favorite.  It is from "First Quality Organics."  They have three grades of oil, at the multi-gallon level the price goes from $37 - $64/gallon.  I have only had the highest grade, and use it exclusively now.

      qualityfirst.on.ca (poor website, email them for their full PDF price list if you're interested - they are quite professional despite the site.)

      Have a most excellent day!

      Walker Traylor
      Living Wisdom, LLC
      14525 SW Millikan #58137
      Beaverton, OR 97005-2343
      (703) 389-4507

      On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Celeste Tanit wrote:

      PS  I just checked out Tropical Traditions website and they talk about their expeller pressed coconut oil going through a "steam deodorizing process" which sounds like it would not be raw.  I have so much happening in my life right now that I can't research this further at this time but wanted to pass this on as I was curious.

      Celeste

      On Oct 27, 2007, at 10:20 PM, Tanya Petrich wrote:

      A couple of people have gotten back to me regarding ordering coconut oil---regarding Joan's email about Tropical Traditions coconut oil as opposed to the Wilderness Family Naturals, do people have an extreme preference? I thought the Wilderness Family Naturals was very good and if you buy a case of 6 you get free shipping along with the case discount of 10% (I think) which turns out to be about $55 per gallon (compare to store prices of a 16 oz container for about $15---which converts to about $120 for a gallon!) I've never tried the Tropical Traditions, but it is quite a bit more expensive and does not offer free shipping.

      I will plan to order the Wilderness Family Naturals unless people are strongly opposed...and I'm still waiting for a few more takers---so far I have 3 or 4 gallons requested and need 2 (or more) people to order so we can get the discount. I'll send further details regarding payment options and where to pick up if/when it gets that far!!!

      Thanks so much!
      Tanya

      Subject : [RawPortland] coconut oil

      Date : Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

      From : "Tanya Petrich" <tanyapetrich@lycos.com>

      To : <RawPortland@yahoogroups.com>

      Hello All!

      Over the summer, Celeste Tanit was kind enough to order and deliver gallon containers of raw organic virgin coconut oil from Wilderness Family Naturals. It was delicious and I am almost through my gallon already! I am wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interested in ordering more from this company. Here is the website:

      http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/virgin_coconut_oil_centrifuged.htm

      You can check out the product and then email me as soon as possible if you would like to go in on a bulk order. A case discount applies if we order 6 (gallon) containers and then you also get free shipping. I would take 1 gallon and am hoping we can get together enough people to get the case discount. I will be happy to place the order and then try to deliver to a "central" location for anyone who wants some. Please let me know as soon as you can as I only have 1 pint left and will be out soon! :)

      Thanks,

      Tanya Petrich