Re:Using Raw food for healing

  • Cyndi MacLeod
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
      Our family has gone raw for healing - my boys are all on the autism spectrum and my husband and I both are diabetic.  In addition, my husband has suffered from depression.  We have all seen incredible results from going raw but I will admit it has been a rollercoaster transition.

      We have challenges because the boys have many allergies including to cashews, which are prevalent in many raw recipes.  Anyone with suggestions in substituting other nuts for cashews would bless us greatly.

      I saw the trailer for the Raw for 30 days documentary, I'm planning on ordering it.  Every little thing I can do to encourage myself is a good thing.  As the mom and principle meal planner/preparer I have the ability to keep my family raw or let it all slip.

    • Celeste Tanit
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
        Thank you Annalise for the great reminder and, as they say, "Good on you".
        It is great to hear people's "raw story"!
        Celeste

        On Oct 18, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Annalise Jones wrote:

        I'm sure a lot of us have stories to tell. I didn't ever have an official diagnosis because I've never been gung-ho about going to doctors, but since improving my diet....

        - I lost 75 lbs. and then gained 10 lbs. of muscle mass
        - I have no more acne
        - I have no more chronic fatigue
        - I have sufficient energy all day long
        - I don't feel yucky when I wake up anymore
        - I have consistent, healthy bowel movements
        - I have no body odor, don't need to use products for that
        - I can stay up later
        - I feel a lot happier
        - I am more loving, less paranoid of others, less judgmental
        - My hair stays clean longer, I only wash it once a week
        - I haven't had a cold/flu in 3 years
        - I can be busy and take demands without getting stressed

        My 2-year-old son also eats raw. He does not receive vaccinations and he is never sick. He only sleeps 10 hours at night (used to sleep 13 plus nap) - much to my dismay! Since eliminating cooked foods, his intelligence, task concentration, and overall moods have significantly improved. He is showing much more intelligence and will be homeschooled because he's already at a kindergarten level. He does big puzzles all by himself. He sings with a great tune, quick memorization, understands everything I say to him, and is now picking up Spanish. This has all happened exponentially since eating raw.

        According to Natural Hygiene principles, it's not that raw food cures you, but eliminating toxic foods allows your body to heal itself naturally. Easily digestion means more efficiency in other physiological tasks. More alkalinity means more oxygen throughout the system, meaning more energy, healthy youthful cells, no cancer, no yeast growths, no calcium deposits, no auto-immune disorders, organs functioning at top capacity, etc.