Chasing the Rain - sort of food related!

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
      What is fungophobia? Fear of mushrooms. If you think mushrooms are
      dark, slimy, dirty, and even poisonous, your mind is about to be
      changed...by a photographer. Taylor Lockwood has dedicated his career
      to capturing unique and gorgeous images of mushrooms, and now he's
      focusing on educating people about the wonders of these organisms.

      Taylor Lockwood is coming to Portland. On Monday, October 8th at 7:00
      p.m., he will present a narrated digital slide show with photographs
      and stories from his new book Chasing the Rain: My Treasure Hunt for
      the World's Most Beautiful Mushrooms.

      This show features travel tales from Taylor's mushroom hunting
      expeditions around the globe including images from: North America,
      Tibet, Australia, Europe, Africa, Japan, India, Indonesia, Chile, and
      beyond. A fast-paced, fun, and informative program combining science
      and cultural exchange at ground level, Chasing the Rain is sure to
      please a wide range of audiences.

      The event is hosted by the Berry Botanic Garden at 11505 SW
      Summerville Avenue. For more information and to RSVP, contact Kris
      Freitag at 503-636-4112 ext 102. The event is open to the public. $10
      will be collected at the door.
    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
        Warren Wolf, a popular and powerful presenter at Portland's recent Raw
        and Living Spirit Festival will be a special guest at Christ the Healer
        UCC's raw Sunday Supper, this week, Oct 7, from 5-7 pm at 2416 SE Lake
        Rd, Milwaukie (Milwaukie Presbyterian Church)-- --catered live
        foods meal, $5-10 donation requested, RSVP's appreciated. Our dinner
        conversation and after dinner discussion theme will be the possibility
        of spiritual and bodily transformation, which is one of the effects of
        Warren's work, as those who have experienced it can attest. Warren is
        interested in meeting with any raw foodists who would like to experience
        the work personally in an upcoming weekend intensive to be held at Camp
        Adams in Molalla, Friday evening through Sunday morning Oct 19-21.

        This "Embodiment of Grace Retreat" is primarily hands on, and is limited
        to 20 persons who are ready for profound change. Each participant will
        be worked on extensively by Warren, assisted by interns. The Wolf
        Method brings awareness to and gently releases tension patterns in the
        body that inhibit the full expression of human potential. Here it will
        be offered in a spiritual context and with the nutritional support of
        live foods, which Warren has discovered greatly increases one's response
        time and ability to benefit from the work.
        > The Embodiment of Grace Retreat"" will begin with a sacred ceremony at 4
        > pm Friday, October 19, followed by a raw gourmet feast and evening
        > session. The retreat continues through Saturday dinner. Friday and
        > Saturday night cabin accomodations at Camp Adams and living food
        > meals and snacks
        > through Sunday breakfast are included in the retreat price of $595.
        > This is an unprecedented opportunity to personally experience Warren's
        > work in a synergistic group retreat setting at a price well below his
        > current charge of $750 for a 2-3 hour private intensive.
        >
        > For registration information email gabrielle@... or phone
        > 503-650-4447.

      • HANNAH ZAIV
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi Gabrielle. This is my RSVP that I'll be at the Sunday supper at 5 this
          Sunday. Is it really just $5 - $10 for a catered meal? (let me know please
          if not) Thanks very much!

          - Hannah Zaiv, 503-659-9384

          >From: Gabrielle <gabrielle@...>
          >To: RawPortland@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [RawPortland] Sunday Supper with Warren Wolf
          >Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:14:48 -0700
          >
          >Warren Wolf, a popular and powerful presenter at Portland's recent Raw
          >and Living Spirit Festival will be a special guest at Christ the Healer
          >UCC's raw Sunday Supper, this week, Oct 7, from 5-7 pm at 2416 SE Lake
          >Rd, Milwaukie (Milwaukie Presbyterian Church)-- --catered live
          >foods meal, $5-10 donation requested, RSVP's appreciated. Our dinner
          >conversation and after dinner discussion theme will be the possibility
          >of spiritual and bodily transformation, which is one of the effects of
          >Warren's work, as those who have experienced it can attest. Warren is
          >interested in meeting with any raw foodists who would like to experience
          >the work personally in an upcoming weekend intensive to be held at Camp
          >Adams in Molalla, Friday evening through Sunday morning Oct 19-21.
          >
          >This "Embodiment of Grace Retreat" is primarily hands on, and is limited
          >to 20 persons who are ready for profound change. Each participant will
          >be worked on extensively by Warren, assisted by interns. The Wolf
          >Method brings awareness to and gently releases tension patterns in the
          >body that inhibit the full expression of human potential. Here it will
          >be offered in a spiritual context and with the nutritional support of
          >live foods, which Warren has discovered greatly increases one's response
          >time and ability to benefit from the work.
          > > The Embodiment of Grace Retreat"" will begin with a sacred ceremony at 4
          > > pm Friday, October 19, followed by a raw gourmet feast and evening
          > > session. The retreat continues through Saturday dinner. Friday and
          > > Saturday night cabin accomodations at Camp Adams and living food
          > > meals and snacks
          > > through Sunday breakfast are included in the retreat price of $595.
          > > This is an unprecedented opportunity to personally experience Warren's
          > > work in a synergistic group retreat setting at a price well below his
          > > current charge of $750 for a 2-3 hour private intensive.
          > >
          > > For registration information email gabrielle@... or phone
          > > 503-650-4447.

        • Gabrielle
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2007
            Yes, Hannah, we only ask for a modest contribution in order not to
            discourage from coming those who have not yet learned what a valuable
            asset the regular availability of a communal raw meal can be. It will
            be good to see you again Sunday.
            Love,
            Gabrielle