dental filling question???

  • Tanya Petrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm hoping that someone will have some advice for me...my dentist told me today that I need to have two of my silver fillings replaced as they are beginning to "pull up" and could lead to problems. I am concerned about the mercury to be released when the old fillings are removed and also am wondering about the best option for re-filling. He tells me that the procedure they use has very good "suction" and removal of dust, etc and that even though I am a nursing mother it shouldn't be a problem (i.e. there shouldn't be much mercury released into my system). He is recommending having them re-filled with the "white" (I guess composite?) fillings even though they are molars (I always thought the composites were only good for front, non chewing teeth).

      Is anyone out there familiar with this that might have some advice? Or, does anyone know of a holistic dentist in the portland area who could give me a second opinion (I am not currently going to a holistic dentist)? I've been reading a little online about preventative detox regimes prior to undergoing filling replacement (mega doses of vitamin C among others about a week before the procedure) and am just really sure if it's worthwhile doing this right now, especially since I am still nursing.

      Thanks so much for your help!
      Sincerely,
      Tanya
    • dpxtn7
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
        Do not do this during nursing! I did and my son became autistic and I have chronic
        fatigue. He has had chelation therapy to remove metals. Mercury was one of the highest. I
        personally would not do it at a regular dentist. From my understanding it is the vapors
        that are released during removal that are the biggest issue.
        HTH Deb