Re: [RawPortland] Re: Almonds Transitional, Not Certified

  • Ildiko
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5 1:51 AM
      ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel  my order, but i am still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer.... well... can be done anything?
      thanks! ildiko

      Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
      My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
      standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
      I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
      know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

      The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
      make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

      I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
      be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
      get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

      Annette

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

    • Annette
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10 11:45 PM
        No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
        trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

        Annette

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Ildiko <ildikosan@...> wrote:

        > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
        still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
        well... can be done anything?
        > thanks! ildiko
      • Robyn Cornwell
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11 9:40 AM
          Annette,

          Do you have a delivery date yet?

          Robyn

          Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
          No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
          trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

          Annette

          --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, Ildiko <ildikosan@. ..> wrote:

          > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
          still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
          well... can be done anything?
          > thanks! ildiko

        • Annette
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11 10:12 PM
            It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

            Annette
          • Robyn Cornwell
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 12 9:10 AM
              I am moving to Connecticut October 15. Any chance of getting them sooner???
              Robyn

              Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
              It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

              Annette

            • Margie
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 13 12:51 PM
                Hi1

                I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm moving to Palm Springs, CA in October though not sure of the exact day. A tad sooner would be better for me as well.

                Thanks!
                Warmly,
                Margie