Re: [RawPortland] Re: Almonds Transitional, Not Certified

  • Celeste Tanit
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2007
      Thanks, Annette.  I had hoped it would be about that many years and am fine with that.  Thanks again for all your work on this.  If you need some help in weighing out orders, I would be happy to help with that.
      Celeste

      On Sep 3, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Annette wrote:

      My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
      standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
      I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
      know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

      The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
      make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

      I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
      be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
      get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

      Annette

    • Ildiko
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
        ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel  my order, but i am still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer.... well... can be done anything?
        thanks! ildiko

        Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
        My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
        standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
        I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
        know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

        The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
        make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

        I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
        be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
        get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

        Annette

        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      • Annette
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 10, 2007
          No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
          trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

          Annette

          --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Ildiko <ildikosan@...> wrote:

          > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
          still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
          well... can be done anything?
          > thanks! ildiko
        • Robyn Cornwell
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
            Annette,

            Do you have a delivery date yet?

            Robyn

            Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
            No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
            trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

            Annette

            --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, Ildiko <ildikosan@. ..> wrote:

            > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
            still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
            well... can be done anything?
            > thanks! ildiko

          • Annette
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
              It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

              Annette
            • Robyn Cornwell
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
                I am moving to Connecticut October 15. Any chance of getting them sooner???
                Robyn

                Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
                It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

                Annette

              • Margie
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 13, 2007
                  Hi1

                  I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm moving to Palm Springs, CA in October though not sure of the exact day. A tad sooner would be better for me as well.

                  Thanks!
                  Warmly,
                  Margie