Re: Almonds Transitional, Not Certified

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2007
      My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
      standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
      I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
      know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

      The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
      make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

      I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
      be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
      get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

      Annette
    • Celeste Tanit

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
          ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel  my order, but i am still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer.... well... can be done anything?
          thanks! ildiko

          Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
          My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
          standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
          I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
          know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

          The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
          make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

          I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
          be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
          get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

          Annette

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • Annette
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 10, 2007
            No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
            trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

            Annette

            --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Ildiko <ildikosan@...> wrote:

            > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
            still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
            well... can be done anything?
            > thanks! ildiko
          • Robyn Cornwell
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
              Annette,

              Do you have a delivery date yet?

              Robyn

              Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
              No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
              trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

              Annette

              --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, Ildiko <ildikosan@. ..> wrote:

              > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
              still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
              well... can be done anything?
              > thanks! ildiko

            • Annette
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
                It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

                Annette
              • Robyn Cornwell
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
                  I am moving to Connecticut October 15. Any chance of getting them sooner???
                  Robyn

                  Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
                  It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

                  Annette

                • Margie
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 13, 2007
                    Hi1

                    I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm moving to Palm Springs, CA in October though not sure of the exact day. A tad sooner would be better for me as well.

                    Thanks!
                    Warmly,
                    Margie