Almonds Transitional, Not Certified

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2007
      I just saw a post on the RawWashington Yahoo! group from Nora who is
      the contact with the almond farmer. The almonds are transitional and
      won't be certified for two more years. Knowing this, if you'd like to
      change or cancel your order, please get back with me as quickly as
      possible.

      Thank you,
      Annette
    • jenna stephens
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2007
        Annette-
        I just saw that my name isn't on the list- I'd like 10 lbs, please, if it's not too late.
        Thanks,
        Jenna

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2007
          Annette (and all),
          I do not know how almonds are grown and if there are large amounts of pesticides, etc used in non organic almonds.  Do we know how long these almonds may have been grown without "the bad stuff"?  Or how long it stays in the soil?
          I am not yet withdrawing my order of 25# but would like to know more as I might decide to order less.
          Am out of town but picking up email so if anyone knows more about these "transitional" almonds, I would appreciate hearing.
          All the Best,
          Celeste

          On Sep 1, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Annette wrote:

          I just saw a post on the RawWashington Yahoo! group from Nora who is
          the contact with the almond farmer. The almonds are transitional and
          won't be certified for two more years. Knowing this, if you'd like to
          change or cancel your order, please get back with me as quickly as
          possible.

          Thank you,
          Annette

        • Pamela Melcher
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2007
            Dear Annette,

            I feel the same way as Celeste.

            Thank you for all your work on this.

            Pamela Melcher

            --- Celeste Tanit <blar@...> wrote:

            > Annette (and all),
            > I do not know how almonds are grown and if there are
            > large amounts of
            > pesticides, etc used in non organic almonds. Do we
            > know how long
            > these almonds may have been grown without "the bad
            > stuff"? Or how
            > long it stays in the soil?
            > I am not yet withdrawing my order of 25# but would
            > like to know more
            > as I might decide to order less.
            > Am out of town but picking up email so if anyone
            > knows more about
            > these "transitional" almonds, I would appreciate
            > hearing.
            > All the Best,
            > Celeste
            >
            > On Sep 1, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Annette wrote:
            >
            > > I just saw a post on the RawWashington Yahoo!
            > group from Nora who is
            > > the contact with the almond farmer. The almonds
            > are transitional and
            > > won't be certified for two more years. Knowing
            > this, if you'd like to
            > > change or cancel your order, please get back with
            > me as quickly as
            > > possible.
            > >
            > > Thank you,
            > > Annette

            http://farechase.yahoo.com/
          • Annette
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2007
              My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
              standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
              I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
              know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

              The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
              make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

              I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
              be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
              get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

              Annette
            • Celeste Tanit

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
                  ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel  my order, but i am still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer.... well... can be done anything?
                  thanks! ildiko

                  Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
                  My understanding is that it requires seven years of following organic
                  standards for a farm to be certified. This farm has two years left, so
                  I guess the almonds have been organically grown for five years. I don't
                  know anything about how long the "bad stuff" stays in the soil.

                  The order is in. If you're rethinking your order, I don't think I can
                  make changes after today since the weekend was the deadline.

                  I was told that the harvest is in mid-September and the almonds should
                  be delivered to Seattle mid-October. I will then drive to Seattle to
                  get the nuts and will contact everyone so we can make the exchange.

                  Annette

                  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                • Annette
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 10, 2007
                    No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
                    trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

                    Annette

                    --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Ildiko <ildikosan@...> wrote:

                    > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
                    still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
                    well... can be done anything?
                    > thanks! ildiko
                  • Robyn Cornwell
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
                      Annette,

                      Do you have a delivery date yet?

                      Robyn

                      Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
                      No problem, Ildiko. I am confident that at $7/pound, I won't have any
                      trouble finding someone else to take your ten pounds.

                      Annette

                      --- In RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com, Ildiko <ildikosan@. ..> wrote:

                      > ... gosh... i was thinking to change, or cancel my order, but i am
                      still over-sea' s so I did not have enough access to computer....
                      well... can be done anything?
                      > thanks! ildiko

                    • Annette
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 11, 2007
                        It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

                        Annette
                      • Robyn Cornwell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
                          I am moving to Connecticut October 15. Any chance of getting them sooner???
                          Robyn

                          Annette <cloudriver@...> wrote:
                          It is my understanding that I'll receive the almonds in mid-October.

                          Annette

                        • Margie
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 13, 2007
                            Hi1

                            I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm moving to Palm Springs, CA in October though not sure of the exact day. A tad sooner would be better for me as well.

                            Thanks!
                            Warmly,
                            Margie