anti-almond pasteurization campaign

  • Jeff Rogers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 7:04 AM
      I'm passionate about our rights to access truly raw (organic) almonds. The recent ruling that takes effect on September 1, 2007  threatens both our right to raw food and it also threatens our religious freedom. For those of us familiar with the Essene  teachings, the Gospel of the Essenes refer to Jesus' teaching that we should not cook our food. The Almond Board of California's decision for the mandatory pasteurization of almonds may make raw foodists sick if they eat them and it may prevent Essene followers from honoring the teachings and eating only raw foods. And, as many of you know: they don't require the almonds to be labeled as "pasteurized"!

      For more information on the almond pasteurization issues and a new campaign to help reverse the decision, go to
      http://whatwouldJesuspasteurize.com There is information and links to other sites regarding the issue, including sample letters, etc. for writing campaigns. There is a list of things that we can do to attempt to change things.

      Thanks,

      Jeff