Wonderful Fresh Produce

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2007
      Hi all ~

      I had a nice treat today. Those of you who were at the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat last August will remember the beautiful fresh produce we had for the bare hands picnic. It was grown by Peter Tuomala of Windance Farms. Peter is busy growing a huge variety of crops for the retreat this September.

      We don't have to wait! In the meantime, we can enjoy the fruits of his labor. Windance Farms has tents at the Troutdale and Fairview Farmers' Markets. The market in Troutdale is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the Fairview Market is Thursdays, 4-8 p.m.

      This afternoon I came home with various salad greens, including kale and mustard greens, beets, luscious peas, and spinach. He grows a number of greens that I'm not yet familiar with that he says are loved by raw food people.

      Peter's number is (503) 408-5209. If you give him a call and let him know when you're going to come out to one of the Markets, he will prepare some of the more unusual things for you and be sure to have enough produce on hand for you.

      It's a nice drive to either of these markets and you'll have time to get to Fairview after work on Thursdays.

      Enjoy!
      Annette