Re: Kombucha

  • Celeste Tanit
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2007
      Hello all,
      I attended the wild food workshop last weekend and purchased a
      Kombucha start. The directions I received didn't speak of bottling
      the liquid and storing it or when to begin drinking it. Talked with
      someone at the farmer's mkt. yesterday who said to bottle after a
      week or so and make a new start. Once bottled, it is ready to
      drink. It was also advised to not let metal touch the Kombucha.
      Can anyone add to this?
      How do you "bottle" without using plastic? I usually put all my food
      and liquids in glass which would require a metal lid.
      Do you store these bottles in the fridge or not?
      Should I use the mother or any baby that has grown to make my next
      start. Does a "mother" wear out?
      I realize this all may have been covered in previous emails about
      Kombucha when I was less interested and didn't retain.
      Thanks for any input you can send my way.
      All the Best,
      Celeste