Raw Connections in Portland

  • Virginia Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 10:57 AM
      Hi Mary Lu and all other seekers -

      There is a large community of raw foodists and resources in Portland. Aside
      from rawportland.org, which lists information on monthly raw potlucks, there
      is also the annual Raw & Living Spirit Retreat (I am on the core planning
      team).Co-sponsored by Blossoming Lotus restaurant (in the Pearl District)
      and the Tree of Life (Arizona), this year's retreat will again be held at
      scenic Camp Adams in Molalla, Oregon (about 45 minutes outside of Portland)
      from September 6-9. Please visit www.rawandlivingspirit.org for more details
      and to register.

      The retreat features 3 days of classes, workshops, and community building,
      and the cost of $295 (if you register by June 1) includes lodging (tent or
      cabin), all workshops, and all raw gourmet meals prepared by our fabulous
      chefs and kitchen staff! This year, the featured chefs for our dinners are
      Lillian and Eddie Butler of Raw Soul restaurant in Harlem, NYC; and local
      chefs Bruce Horowitz and Blossoming Lotus. Featured speakers are Victoria
      and Valya Boutenko, Gabriel Cousens, and Abeba Wright.

      Additionally, both Blossoming Lotus and Share the Love Catering (creators of
      the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat) will have raw food booths at Earth Day on
      Saturday, April 21 at Woodlawn Park at NE 13th Ave and Dekum. NW VegFest is
      on May 11-12, with John Robbins as a headlining speaker, and there will be a
      ton of vendor booths, including an informational booth about the retreat. NW
      VegFest is at Benson High School.

      I hope this helps and we hope to see many local raw foodists at our 2nd
      annual Raw and Living Spirit Retreat this year!

      Blessings -
      Virginia Morgan