almond petition

  • jen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2007
      The crew at  living nutz

      have pet together a petition to try to save our almonds.

      Online petition - Mandatory Almond Pasteurization is WRONG!!!

      please sign and pass it on.

      thanks!!
    • Marge
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
        Hi All,

        I emailed the almond board of CA and was probably less than diplomatic
        but got a response that I tried to post but couldn't. In a nutshell
        (excuse the pun) they insisted that they were trying to improve food
        safety and that almonds would still have the nutrients, blah, blah. I
        said they'd be shooting themselves in the foot as the growing
        population of raw foodists wouldn't tolerate this action and they'd
        lose sales. Needless to say, very glad to see the petition. Way to go!

        Raw in Brookings,
        Margie

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, "jen" <jenngal@...> wrote:

        > The crew at living nutz <http://www.livingnutz.com/>
        >
        > have pet together a petition to try to save our almonds.
        >
        > Online petition - Mandatory Almond Pasteurization is WRONG!!!
        >
        > <http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/mandatory-almond-pasteurization-
        is-\
        > wrong.html>
        > please sign and pass it on.
        >
        > thanks!!

      • jen gallaher
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2007
          Yup,
          The Almond Board is not happy to discuss this. I did reach one board member on the phone, but I think they all go straight to voice mail now. People are speaking up though, so this is not over yet. An interesting article from The Cornucopia Institute
          on Friday ::

          http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_4742.cfm

          Thanks everyone!!

          It's here! Your new message!