[RE] rejuvelac grains~

  • jen gallaher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2007
      thanks !
      actually that does help. i have Renee's book.
      i'll see what she has to say. i had forgotten that she had rejuvelac
      in there.

      RawPortland@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      Raw Foods Community in Portland, OR

      Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

      Messages

      1.

      FREE Teleconference: Messages From Within: Exploring Symptoms and

      Posted by: "Elchanan" Elchanan@...   elchananpc

      Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:19 am (PST)

      Because we believe this message is important and timely, we are sending it
      directly to everyone in the PathOfHealth Yahoo! group. We recognize that
      many in the group are behind in reading posts and digests. We promise to do
      this only sparingly, and if you would like us not to send any announcement
      messages directly to you, just reply to this message and let us know.
      ____________ _________ _________ ______
      Hi everyone,

      The Path of Health community is pleased to announce our upcoming free
      teleconference, entitled "Messages From Within: Exploring Symptoms and
      Senses". Please note that the scope of this program extends far beyond diet.
      We encourage you to invite friends and family who are interested in the
      pursuit of health and vitality, regardless of whether they embrace raw foods
      to any degree. A complete program description appears below.

      This teleconference is the second of four in a certificated program called
      "Getting Started on the Path of Health".

      DATE: Wednesday evening, February 7

      TIME: 8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
      1:30 AM (London, GMT), 12:30 PM Thursday, 1/24 (Sydney, GMT
      + 11)

      COST: FREE

      RSVP: RSVP@PathOfHealth. org (NOT via the Yahoo group, please)
      (In case Yahoo ate the above, it's: "RSVP @ PathOfHealth
      dot org",
      only remove the spaces and change "dot" to a period.)

      NEW!!! Please include your full name and the telephone
      number from which you plan to call in. This enables us to
      identify you, so that you can "raise your hand" to ask a
      question during the call.

      NOTE: If you do not receive an automated response within a
      few minutes,
      please send a brief message to Teleconference @
      PathOfHealth dot org.
      (Remove the spaces and change "dot" to a period.)

      DURATION: Approximately 90 minutes

      OUR INTENTION:
      As always, our goal is simple: to share from our own success, so that others
      may experience similar success. Over time, we hope to foster and nurture,
      along with others, a healthful and uplifting sense of connection and
      community with all who choose to share together in this way.

      We freely give this teleconference, and the entire Getting Started on the
      Path of Health curriculum, as a personal, private gift to anyone who wishes
      to receive it. We will not be selling anything, no books, tapes, workshops,
      or anything else.

      We will record the teleconference, and we will give a copy of this recording
      to all participants for their private, personal use only, subject to our
      Copyright Notice and our Teleconference Recording Sharing Agreement. These
      appear at the end of this message and again, both in the automated response
      you will receive to your RSVP and in the message we will send you with the
      recording link.

      If you find value in what we share, we invite you to join our PathOfHealth
      Yahoo group <http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ PathOfHealth/> to
      participate in an ongoing inquiry about health and well-being.
      ____________ _________ _________ ______
      THEME: Messages From Within: Exploring Symptoms and Senses

      DESCRIPTION
      This evening, we consider the real nature of what people typically call
      "symptoms". We explore what separates creating health, from "medical model
      thinking". And we offer an opportunity to embrace an entirely new paradigm
      about cleansing and healing.

      Many people seek better health-more energy, pain-free living, easier
      movement, greater clarity and focus-but feel confused about how best to
      succeed. Regardless of whether you have an interest in raw food, there are
      certain principles, or core ideas, that can make a profound difference I
      your health by giving you greater clarity, a sense of freedom and ease in
      making future choices.

      Almost all approaches to healing, from mainstream allopathic medicine to New
      Age energy work, share a common understanding of symptoms: they are
      something to be "healed", "cured", or at least "relieved". During this
      teleconference, we explore an entirely different perspective, where we learn
      to value and embrace our symptoms and the information they provide. rather
      than seeking to avoid, mute, and destroy them. We offer a new paradigm for
      understanding our relationship with the Universe/Divinity, with Nature and
      Nature's design, and with ourselves and our "symptoms".

      We then apply this understanding, by exploring how we perceive and
      experience through our senses-sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing, and
      beyond. Using a synthesis of ideas drawn from physics, biology,
      philosophy/religion , and experience, we describe key factors that influence
      how we perceive "reality".

      Finally, we come full circle to our underlying focus on creating health:
      * Where does health "come from"?

      * How much choice and control do we really have?

      * And ultimately, how can we empower ourselves to create and sustain
      the health we desire?
      Although this teleconference is offered within the framework of a raw food
      discussion group, our focus during this program will be more general in
      nature. Our intention is to provide a comfortable and fascinating discussion
      that appeals to many people, regardless of dietary choice, and also to
      people who enjoy having a little science to back up what is being said.

      What we have to share may surprise and delight you. We hope you'll join us!

      Wishing you all the best that love and life have to offer,
      Bob and Elchanan
      ____________ _________ _________ ______
      The following apply to any and all of our PathOfHealth- sponsored audio
      programs and recordings.

      Copyright Notice
      The audio recordings of the teleconference program(s) listed or described
      above are copyrighted material of The Presiding Emissary for Vibrant Living
      Ministries, and Successors, as provided in the common law and under natural
      law. The Presiding Emissary for Vibrant Living Ministries, and Successors
      owns all title and rights to each of these teleconference audio recordings
      as an absolute possessor of hereditaments.

      This office hereby grants to any natural man, woman, or child permission to
      use all or any portion of any of these teleconference audio recordings for
      private, personal use only. You may make copies of any of these
      teleconference audio recordings to give to your friends and family for their
      private, personal use only, but you may not place a copy of any of these
      teleconference audio recordings, or any link to download any of them, on any
      Web site or elsewhere on the Internet or in any publication or otherwise
      distribute copies of any of these teleconference audio recordings.

      Teleconference Recording Sharing Agreement
      By downloading any of the teleconference audio recordings listed or
      mentioned above, you agree with the following terms and conditions regarding
      sharing of the teleconference audio recordings: (1) You acknowledge and
      agree that the entire recording of any such teleconference is copyrighted
      material owned by The Presiding Emissary for Vibrant Living Ministries, and
      Successors (hereinafter "Vibrant Living Ministries") as an absolute
      possessor of hereditaments. (2) You agree to use any such teleconference
      audio recording for your own private, personal, noncommercial use only, and
      you agree not to distribute all or any part of any such teleconference audio
      recording to others. If you have a special need or desire to use any such
      teleconference audio recording in some other way, you agree to contact
      Vibrant Living Ministries <mailto:Elchanan@VibrantLiv ingMinistries. org>
      beforehand seeking permission, which the office may grant or deny, in its
      sole discretion.

      Please note that all American "nonprofit corporations" are commercial in
      nature and are therefore excluded from the permission granted in the
      foregoing paragraph.

      We thank you for your cooperation!

      2.

      rejuvelac grains~

      Posted by: "jen" jenngal@...   jenngal

      Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:55 pm (PST)

      hi ,

      i have decided to make some rejuvelac. i have up to this point been a
      little scared of fermentation. i know that it is easy, it just scares
      me a little for some reason. my question is on grains. it seems that
      rejuvelac calls for soft wheat, but i have a lot of the winter red
      wheat berries on hand that i use for wheatgrass.. . would this work as
      well, or should i off and search for the soft wheat (i do not think i
      have noticed it in the markets much). what is everyones favorite base
      for rejuvelac? any input helps!

      thanks

      jen

      3.

      [RE][RawPortland] rejuvelac grains~

      Posted by: "Tanya Petrich" tanyapetrich@...   petchthree

      Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm (PST)

      I am also starting my first batch of rejuvelac. I have seen
      recipes calling for the wheat berries, but then read that
      "healthier" grains to use are millet and quinoa. I'm sprouting
      some millet right now...

      Probably doesn't really help to answer your question, but I
      wanted to pass along that little bit of info that I read in my
      favorite un-cookbook (Living Cuisine by Renee Underkoffler) .

      Tanya

      Subject : [RawPortland] rejuvelac grains~

      Date : Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:31:41 -0000

      From : "jen" <jenngal@yahoo. com>

      To : RawPortland@ yahoogroups. com

      hi ,

      i have decided to make some rejuvelac. i have up to this point
      been a

      little scared of fermentation. i know that it is easy, it just
      scares

      me a little for some reason. my question is on grains. it seems
      that

      rejuvelac calls for soft wheat, but i have a lot of the winter
      red

      wheat berries on hand that i use for wheatgrass.. . would this
      work as

      well, or should i off and search for the soft wheat (i do not
      think i

      have noticed it in the markets much). what is everyones favorite
      base

      for rejuvelac? any input helps!

      thanks

      jen

      Free Movies <http://cinema. lycos.com/ ?if_Event= mail> 100's of
      Free Feature Length Films - Meet Friends, Watch Movies Win!
      Yahoo! TV
      Check listings to
      see what is on.
      Share Ideas