Re: [RawPortland] rejuvelac grains~

  • Robyn Cornwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007
      Hi Jen,

      I have been making rejuvelac for seven years, and it always turns out great. I have always used rye seed as the basis for sprouting. You can mix it half and half rye/soft wheat, but if the soft wheat is not available (as I have noticed for quite some time now), just use 100% rye (3/4 cup, soaked overnight). It is extremely easy to sprout; you only need to sprout it for one day; I usually let it go for two days so that I can see the tail.

      The rest of the recipe varies depending on who you read. I put the sprouts in the blender with two cups of distilled water (from my own distiller; not from a plastic bottle). After blending, I put it into a glass gallon bottle (obtained from apple juice container in the market); put some cheesecloth over the top with an elastic band to hold it on, and let it sit for three days. It always smells the good kind of sour - not the spoiled kind of sour, and tastes like lemon juice. If you don't like it straight, use it in smoothies.

      Hope this helps.
      Robyn

      jen <jenngal@...> wrote:
      hi ,

      i have decided to make some rejuvelac. i have up to this point been a
      little scared of fermentation. i know that it is easy, it just scares
      me a little for some reason. my question is on grains. it seems that
      rejuvelac calls for soft wheat, but i have a lot of the winter red
      wheat berries on hand that i use for wheatgrass.. . would this work as
      well, or should i off and search for the soft wheat (i do not think i
      have noticed it in the markets much). what is everyones favorite base
      for rejuvelac? any input helps!

      thanks

      jen

      in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel