[RE][RawPortland] rejuvelac grains~

  • Tanya Petrich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2007
      I am also starting my first batch of rejuvelac. I have seen recipes calling for the wheat berries, but then read that "healthier" grains to use are millet and quinoa. I'm sprouting some millet right now...

      Probably doesn't really help to answer your question, but I wanted to pass along that little bit of info that I read in my favorite un-cookbook (Living Cuisine by Renee Underkoffler).

      Tanya

      Subject : [RawPortland] rejuvelac grains~

      Date : Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:31:41 -0000

      From : "jen" <jenngal@...>

      To : RawPortland@yahoogroups.com

      hi ,

      i have decided to make some rejuvelac. i have up to this point been a

      little scared of fermentation. i know that it is easy, it just scares

      me a little for some reason. my question is on grains. it seems that

      rejuvelac calls for soft wheat, but i have a lot of the winter red

      wheat berries on hand that i use for wheatgrass... would this work as

      well, or should i off and search for the soft wheat (i do not think i

      have noticed it in the markets much). what is everyones favorite base

      for rejuvelac? any input helps!

      thanks

      jen

      Free Movies 100's of Free Feature Length Films - Meet Friends, Watch Movies & Win!