Durian on Parade

  • Annette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007
      Greetings ~

      Bill Wilmoe posted an announcement to another Yahoo! group of a fruit
      festival held annually during May-June in Thailand. (I haven't been
      able to find the dates for the festival in 2007.) In following various
      links, I came across some amazing photos from this festival of durian
      and other tropical fruits. If you've never seen a parade float made up
      of durian, mangosteen, rambutan, etc., you might really enjoy these:

      http://www.masterworksunlimited.com/Thailand/fruitfair.htm

      You can read more about the festival at http://www.durianpalace.com

      Certainly an experience I would enjoy!

      Annette
    • Sue Aberle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007
        Oh, my, Annette! Who gets to eat these delicacies after the parade??

        Sue