Exciting News from Chaco Canyon!

  • Chaco Canyon Cafe
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006

      Hello Everyone!

      After three wonderful and well-supported years, we are saying farewell to our little shop... and moving 1 block west into a new fantabulous location!

       Operations at "Old Chaco" close up on Saturday, December 23rd and start up at "New Chaco" somewhere between January 5th and 15th (you know how remodels go). We will be on the corner of 50th and 12th, across from the YMCA and next to Walgreen's.

      But why leave our cozy little home? To serve you better!  When it comes down to it, we maximized what we can do in our little kitchen, and we want to do so much more!  The last three years have been a test to determine who we are as a cafe and if our concept is viable.  Excitingly – and thanks to every person reading this email – it is.   We have a great product, clear vision, and a beautiful new space to make it happen!  Here are some of the highlights we have planned over the course of 2007:

      • A bigger, more diverse menu (along with all your favorites!)
      • Daily specials and new "macrobiotic" plates
      • Extended hours, including Saturday nights
      • Wholesale items at a PCC near you
      • Raw cooking classes at PCC
      • Sunday Brunches (starting in summer)
      • Grab n' Go salads, snacks, entrees, and more
      • Live entertainment and art shows
      • "Guest Chef" dinners once a month
      • Espresso & juice cart at the University Farmer's Market
      • A new catering department
      • Our first Cookbook!

      The most notable change will be in our ambiance, as New Chaco is very open with lots of windows – a dramatic contrast to our little hobbit-hole.  We will do our best to bring that same sense of warmth and welcome that you have come to know and love.  In addition, this move will solve most of the problems that currently hamper our efforts such as…

      • A real kitchen and new equipment will zip our food out to you in no time!
      • A clean and beautiful space that is designed to stay that way
      • Twice as much seating, as well as an outdoor patio
      • A prep kitchen, more storage and refrigeration (you might be able to get pizza any time you come in!)
      • Parking will actually be a bit better now that we're off Brooklyn

      And really, this is just the tip of the iceberg -- the sky is the limit to what we can provide for you and this great community in our new home.  We will send out an email in the coming days to let you know how you can help in this Great Effort, if you are interested.

      So drop by in the next few weeks and bid a fond farewell to our little spot, tip back an organic juice with the staff, say goodbye to the old, and eagerly anticipate the new!!!

      A Very Happy Holidays to all of you!!

      From the Chaco family: Chris, Lois, Heather, Chelan, Jeff, Cameron, Tim, Suzy, Marah, Ellice, Brit, Olivia, and New Tim

      Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe
      Corner of 50th and 12th
      4757 12th Avenue NE
      Seattle, WA  98105

      Monday - Friday  8am to 8pm
      Saturday - Sunday  10am - 4pm
      (we open at 9am on Saturdays when the Farmer's Market is on)