Re: [RawPortland] Raw Kids

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      Leslie,

      It really depends on how simple you keep things. Many living foods
      dishes call for very expensive items. Victoria from when I heard her
      talk liked to fix food as fancy as she could so her kids wouldn't look
      so weird and out of place with their food at school,etc. A good starter
      approach would be to start fixing them green smoothies for breakfast in
      the mornings and kale salads. Actually these days (no kids here) I
      bascially live on green smoothies and kale salads although I get in the
      mood to "cook" sometimes and I'll fix something more fancy. At first
      your cost will be more until you can figure out what will work for you
      and your family. But also keep in mind that raw organic foods are higher
      quality than your standard vegan products and therefore have a higher
      price. When you eat mostly raw living foods your body doesn't have to do
      the work to digest the food therefore you have more energy to spend and
      thus, you will end up eating less so if your kids start eating mostly
      raw if you are feeding them 3 times a day most likely they will end up
      where they only eat 2 meals a day instead of 3, at least that's how it
      ended up for me. That's one of the great things about living foods, the
      more living foods you eat, the less overall food you intake, thus the
      less groceries you have to buy. Many of the living food dishes require
      expensive items but as you go along and learn how to perpare these type
      of dishes you learn how to do it on the cheap.