Re: Little Book of Raw Thanksgiving Recipes (By 15 Top Raw Chefs)

  • dpxtn7
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2006
      Does anyone else feel that raw cook books and fancy recipes go against the simplicity of
      eating raw? Why try and make the foods you eat look like something they are not? I find
      the ease and simplicity the best things about a raw diet. This morning just walking out the
      back door and gathering still ripening raspberries, is the best "Thanksgiving" ever. Deb
      Paxton

      --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, vegwriter@... wrote:

      > FOR A DELICIOUS THANKSGIVING
      > ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
      >

      > RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com's
      > Little Book of Raw Thanksgiving Recipes
      >
      > Our expanded and updated e-book includes:
      >

      > * 32 festive and fabulous raw vegan Thanksgiving recipes
      >
      > * Recipes from more than a dozen top American raw chefs
      >
      > * Recipes from David Norman of Bonobo's Restaurant (in NYC)
      >
      > * Recipes from Matthew Kenney of The Plant (in Brooklyn, NY)
      >
      > * Recipes from Roxanne Klein and Charlie Trotter from their book, Raw.
      >
      > * Tasty soups
      >
      > * Scintillating salads
      >
      > * "Turkey"
      >
      > * Stuffing
      >
      > * Yummy side dishes
      >
      > * Scrumptious desserts, like carrot cake and pumpkin pie
      >
      > * Bonus recipes from Judy Pokras, editor and publisher of
      > RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com
      >
      > * Tips for entertaining
      >
      > * Ideas for Thanksgiving music
      >
      > * Ideas for your Thanksgiving table
      >
      > * Ideas for ways to involve the kids
      >
      > And all of this for only $5
      >

      > Thrill your family and friends with these amazingly delicious recipes that
      > just happen to be really good for us! This is food you'll want to serve
      > throughout the holiday season.
      >

      > To order your copy, visit _RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com_
      > (http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/)

    • Ildiko Panczel McDonald
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2006

        you are right... by processing and combining to much ingradiance it makes it almost as hard on our body just as cooked
        foods... every type of ingradiance it needs different type of digesting enzymes... so something will not get digested
        accurately ..causing un-digestions...+ everything is oxdizeing real soon so... , but it is a great start for some people...  it is
        all up to all individuals how good they want to be to themselves.... i believe in mono... rasberries still out there?
         Namaste ildi
        Does anyone else feel that raw cook books and fancy recipes go against the simplicity of
        eating raw? Why try and make the foods you eat look like something they are not? I find
        the ease and simplicity the best things about a raw diet. This morning just walking out the
        back door and gathering still ripening raspberries, is the best "Thanksgiving" ever. Deb
        Paxton

        --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, vegwriter@... wrote:

        > FOR A DELICIOUS THANKSGIVING
        > ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
        >

        > RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com's
        > Little Book of Raw Thanksgiving Recipes
        >
        > Our expanded and updated e-book includes:
        >

        > * 32 festive and fabulous raw vegan Thanksgiving recipes
        >
        > * Recipes from more than a dozen top American raw chefs
        >
        > * Recipes from David Norman of Bonobo's Restaurant (in NYC)
        >
        > * Recipes from Matthew Kenney of The Plant (in Brooklyn, NY)
        >
        > * Recipes from Roxanne Klein and Charlie Trotter from their book, Raw.
        >
        > * Tasty soups
        >
        > * Scintillating salads
        >
        > * "Turkey"
        >
        > * Stuffing
        >
        > * Yummy side dishes
        >
        > * Scrumptious desserts, like carrot cake and pumpkin pie
        >
        > * Bonus recipes from Judy Pokras, editor and publisher of
        > RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com
        >
        > * Tips for entertaining
        >
        > * Ideas for Thanksgiving music
        >
        > * Ideas for your Thanksgiving table
        >
        > * Ideas for ways to involve the kids
        >
        > And all of this for only $5
        >

        > Thrill your family and friends with these amazingly delicious recipes that
        > just happen to be really good for us! This is food you'll want to serve
        > throughout the holiday season.
        >

        > To order your copy, visit _RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com_
        > (http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/)

      • Jeff Rogers
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2006
          > Does anyone else feel that raw cook books and fancy recipes go against
          > the simplicity of
          > eating raw?

          Eating raw is one level of simplicity, simplifying is another. The
          ideal diet for humans may be to eat very simply; a mono diet of fruits
          and vegetables. Many of us have been raised eating processed, cooked,
          complicated foods, including a variety of animal products. It is not
          often, IMO, that someone goes from a S.A.D. to a mono raw vegan diet.
          Most people need to transition more gradually, as they may have
          cravings and food addictions. Having many gourmet complicated recipes
          to choose from can help people in their transitions to raw foods. They
          can help people stay raw, while enjoying amazing foods. Their bodies
          may want simpler foods, but they satisfy their taste buds and benefits
          from raw foods. As people simplify their own diets they can let go of
          the more complicated recipes and eat, instead, simple meals.

          While eating frozen banana "ice cream" may be much simpler than my
          gourmet vegan ice creams, I have received lots of feedback from people
          who were craving the dairy versions and missed them. With richer
          versions the taste buds are satisfied without the side effects of the
          processed animal products.

          BTW, Yesterday's Vegan Holiday Festival was a lot of fun and had some
          great raw foods and raw food samples! I'm now recovering from too much
          of a great thing (I offered my own raw cacao brownie/cookies and Vice
          Cream® and my neighbors, Tom & Sue - NW Living Foods Coop, offered raw
          chocolates, as did Bruce Horowitz - Chef Sprout)

          Perhaps I should have eaten simpler!

          Jeff
        • carmen_doi
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2006

            Okay, I feel compelled to answer but I'm not sure why… in short I am fairly new to raw foods and am very, very happy that there are many gourmet recipes.  I would have quit long ago if I though I could only mono eat (maybe some day).  I saw Jeff at the Festival and told him that his raw Vice Cream book was one thing that has kept me raw and helped get over my sugar cravings.  I think you have gotten your response and as a few have already said that there is something for everyone and I'm glad simplicity works for you but at this point I need the fancy recipes.

            Please keep the recipes, potluck and classes coming!!

            Carmen

            --- In RawPortland@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Rogers <jeff@...> wrote:

            > > Does anyone else feel that raw cook books and fancy recipes go against
            > > the simplicity of
            > > eating raw?
            >
            > Eating raw is one level of simplicity, simplifying is another. The
            > ideal diet for humans may be to eat very simply; a mono diet of fruits
            > and vegetables. Many of us have been raised eating processed, cooked,
            > complicated foods, including a variety of animal products. It is not
            > often, IMO, that someone goes from a S.A.D. to a mono raw vegan diet.
            > Most people need to transition more gradually, as they may have
            > cravings and food addictions. Having many gourmet complicated recipes
            > to choose from can help people in their transitions to raw foods. They
            > can help people stay raw, while enjoying amazing foods. Their bodies
            > may want simpler foods, but they satisfy their taste buds and benefits
            > from raw foods. As people simplify their own diets they can let go of
            > the more complicated recipes and eat, instead, simple meals.
            >
            > While eating frozen banana "ice cream" may be much simpler than my
            > gourmet vegan ice creams, I have received lots of feedback from people
            > who were craving the dairy versions and missed them. With richer
            > versions the taste buds are satisfied without the side effects of the
            > processed animal products.
            >
            > BTW, Yesterday's Vegan Holiday Festival was a lot of fun and had some
            > great raw foods and raw food samples! I'm now recovering from too much
            > of a great thing (I offered my own raw cacao brownie/cookies and Vice
            > Cream® and my neighbors, Tom & Sue - NW Living Foods Coop, offered raw
            > chocolates, as did Bruce Horowitz - Chef Sprout)
            >
            > Perhaps I should have eaten simpler!
            >
            > Jeff

          • dpxtn7
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
              Thank you all for writing about this. I am not even sure why I posed the question. I totally
              understand the transition and food craving needs. I am also fairly new to eating raw and
              am not a purist on anything. It has helped reduce the symptoms of my chronic fatigue.
              When I talk to others about it though, I get a look of "What is she on?". This list helps me
              feel a little less wacko. Deb
              Yes, my rasberries are still producing!