Re::: Bruce's Live-Food Thanksgiving Class this Saturday at OCI!

  • Chef Sprout
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
      Greetings Raw Portland e-List,

      It was a pleasure to meet and serve many of you this
      summer at the Raw Spirit Retreat.

      I will be teaching an over-the-top yummy Thanksgiving
      Class at the newly opened Oregon Culinary Institute
      Saturday Nov. 18, 2006.
      Please joing me to learn how to prepare scrumptious
      holiday favorites. I'll share loads of chefs tips and
      tricks culled from my ten years experience as a
      live-food chef. The class is filling up fast, so sign
      up asap. Please see details below.

      See you in class!

      Bruce

      Thanksgiving Raw Foods Class & Live-Food Holiday
      Smorgasbord!

      Raw, or "Live" Food cuisine is totally creative,
      unique and absolutely delicious! Eating a diet
      containing all or a high percentage of live food means
      that a person is consuming food that has all its
      nutrients intact, including the enzymes and even the
      subtle energies of the food. In this class we emulate
      the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner using innovative
      combinations of fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and
      raw condiments that will leave you stuffed and begging
      for more. Get ready to learn the techniques of the
      live-food chef that include blending, using a food
      processor and dehydrator to create stunningly
      beautiful and vibrant dishes! In this class we will
      create and consume: Scarborough Fair Herbed Un-Turkey,
      Majestic Miso Gravy, Pomegranate-Pecan Cornucopia
      Stuffing, Chipotle-Orange Cranbery Relish,
      Parsnip-Pine Nut Whip (or Better Than Mashed
      Potatoes), And Pumpkin Pie Perfection with Whipped
      Un-Cream

      Instructor:
      Bruce Horowitz has ten years experience as a reknwoned
      Live-Food Culinary Artist. Formerly Head Chef at the
      world's first live-food restaurant, RAW in San
      Francisco, Bruce is currently Owner/Executive Chef for
      The Sun Kitchen and Stirs the Soul Organic RAW
      Chocolates!, a Retreat Chef for Nature's First Law and
      an Instructor at PCC Cooks in Seattle.

      Course Fee:
      $65.00

      Registration:
      www.oregonculinaryinstitute.com (click on "Consumer
      Classes")
      Limited space--filling up fast...Sign up soon!

      Course Start Date/Times:

      Saturday, November 18, 2006, 10 AM-1 PM

      Location:
      Oregon Culinary Institute
      1701 SW Jefferson Street
      Portland, OR 97201

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • kandace_rae
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2006
        What a fantastic idea. I've signed up for the class and am looking forward to my first raw
        Thanksgiving!

        Cheers,
        Kandace

        ----
        goneraw.com
      • chef_sprout2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2006
          Psyched that you're coming to class, Kandace!

          Hey all: Only seven spots left in Saturday morning's Raw Thanksgiving Class and Feast at
          OCI!

          (Please register soon at www.oregonculinaryinstitute.com ("Consumer Classes")

          I'll also have a selection of cutting edge raw food nutrition and recipe books available, as
          well as superfoods and other hard-to-find essentials.

          Hope to see you in class soon!

          Bruce

          877 661 8117
          www.thesunkitchen.com